• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blekit

Reaction score
After almost five years pants on this suit finally gave up. Fortunately, I think the jacket can work pretty well as a separate. Today in a more casual setting with boots, moleskin trousers and denim shirt. Let me know what you think :)

tumblr_p3eshgU6LI1wo50r1o2_1280.jpg

20180131_073632.jpg

20180131_073821.jpg

* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* moleskin trousers from Benevento
* Yanko

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC09905.jpg
DSC09891.jpg
DSC09886.jpg
DSC09892.jpg

50 Shades of Grey ......

Bespoke Suit: Cambridge Grey suit cut from Holland & Sherry 13oz Classics in a mid-gray birds-eye cloth
Bespoke Shirt: Light gray in Canclini cotton
Bespoke Eyewear: Maison Bonnet, Paris
Neck Tie: Charcoal gray pure Cashmere by RL Purple Label
Suspenders (hidden): Light gray box-cloth by Albert Thurston
Socks: Gray Herringbone wool socks by Marcoliani Milano
Footwear: Black Chelsea Oxfords by Edward Green

Author: Alan Bee

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After almost five years pants on this suit finally gave up. Fortunately, I think the jacket can work pretty well as a separate. Today in a more casual setting with boots, moleskin trousers and denim shirt. Let me know what you think :)

tumblr_p3eshgU6LI1wo50r1o2_1280.jpg

View attachment 917506
View attachment 917507
* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* moleskin trousers from Benevento
* Yanko
Works pretty well I think. The jacket is perhaps very slightly on the short side and that may be emphasised with contrasting trou?

Speaking of pants / trousers 'giving up' I was wondering how many commission two pairs when getting a suit.

Last edited:

blekit

Reaction score
@Mr Knightley thanks, I totally agree the jacket is too short (it was my first purchase and I didn't know any better back then :) ). Regarding extra pair of pants, I commissioned it with every bespoke order I've made so far and plan to continue so.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A sunny, cold day here in NYC - flannel and tweed are definitely called for today.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Joseph A Bank
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Mata Ortiz, via Se Vende, Portland, Maine
Pocket square - New & Lingwood, London
Shoes - Canali
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Christys, via Fortnum & Mason

IMG_7229.JPG

IMG_7224.JPG
IMG_7225.JPG
IMG_7226.JPG
IMG_7227.JPG
IMG_7228.JPG

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer You've been a recent big inspiration to me, that 3 pc Black Tie ensemble is perfection.

Been awhile. Way too hot to wear anything proper CM but this has been my summer uniform. I’ve had Northen hemisphere envy lately and seen some great style from the likes of @Newcomer @Murlsquirl @Patrick R @MrVenneri in particular View attachment 916889 View attachment 916890

I apologize for the late response - but thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate them.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alan Bee - all of your fits are excellent. However, this one pulls a little bit too much at the waist for me. Otherwise, keep on being a baller :).

I only say something because I know you can always get it tuned up a little bit.

Of course, it may also be the angle, and if so, carry on.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan Bee - all of your fits are excellent. However, this one pulls a little bit too much at the waist for me. Otherwise, keep on being a baller :).

I only say something because I know you can always get it tuned up a little bit.

Of course, it may also be the angle, and if so, carry on.

@Newcomer You're quite right NewC. The coat could use a little letting out at the waist but then you lose the S-Curve in the small of the back. I typically wear this suit in 3 pieces so generally leave the coat unbuttoned. That way the back looks beautiful and follows the body line in 3 dimensions ...

This suit is from an older project. For the new project which I am just wrapping up (I've shown some in-progress basted and forward fitting photos), I made some "evolutionary" changes and they are cut a bit fuller through the chest and torso, shaved down the lapels just a tad, etc.

Stay tuned ;)

Alan Bee

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads