• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Bzzzz Bzzz :

IMG_7496.jpg
IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another beautiful jacket. Well paired with the pants, square, and tie. I wonder if a white shirt would be better than the blue. The only mass of cool color in a sea of warmth.

Thanks! I'd thought about that, but decided I liked the blue - it gives some reference to the blue in the tie, and provides some extra contrast because it is much cooler than the rest without being incoherent (IMO).

Thomson

Reaction score
Roy Al,
Someone here has said that you have the most consistent wardrobe here and it is absolutely true. How did you arrive at this? Trial and error? Or did you decide you like a more English style and then just went for it? I'd be interested in the process...

Thanks a lot.
Thompson

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roy Al,
Someone here has said that you have the most consistent wardrobe here and it is absolutely true. How did you arrive at this? Trial and error? Or did you decide you like a more English style and then just went for it? I'd be interested in the process...

Thanks a lot.
Thompson

Thank you, sir. There are fare better dressers than me in here.
My journey started some 10-12 years ago, traveling to London and shopping in Jermyn Street.
It's just a short flight from my hometown.
I tried some Italian brands both here home, in London and Italy - but I realized that I like the English style better. It is more suitable with Nordic meteorological challenges and the Brits are more like Norsemen in mentality - what you can not say about Italians.

I started building a wardrobe out of what I liked, and not so much what I needed. Some trial and error back in those days.
I tried some four or five tailors, and found some who I communicate rather well with, and I started to go for simpler outlook.
I listen to advise from the tailors, but trust my gut.
I look at forums like this and I browse a bit at different sites. I like to look at pictures, and don't read much of the dialogue.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to harp on the fit of your jackets, but I think I've identified what is off to me. The front darts are running diagonally and not perpendicular to the ground. That's why I feel the balance is off. Hopefully a good downward tug will fix it. I also rarely button my jackets. I wonder if unbuttoning would fix it as well.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to harp on the fit of your jackets, but I think I've identified what is off to me. The front darts are running diagonally and not perpendicular to the ground. That's why I feel the balance is off. Hopefully a good downward tug will fix it. I also rarely button my jackets. I wonder if unbuttoning would fix it as well.

Now I can't unsee that haha. I'll take better pics next time. Tough to squeeze it in in the morning with two little ones running around.

Thomson

Reaction score
It is more suitable with Nordic meteorological challenges and the Brits are more like Norsemen in mentality - what you can not say about Italians.

Well, it suits you and I can imagine that it is a more appropriate style for a Nordic environment - not just meteorologically. It is distinctive in a good way.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving. Double fair isle and black watch. Also, tomorrow is Black (Watch) Friday. Show love for the most beautiful tartan around by wearing it and hashtagging your post #blackwatchfriday on social media.

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

doomx

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day