• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting under what someone said was a Banyan Tree. If it was a Banyan Tree, it was a defective Banyan Tree, as I didn't become enlightened while sitting under it.

P1090986 2.JPG

Middishade Madras jacket, Brooks Brothers blue PPBD shirt, generic pocket square, Roosterknit knit tie, Orvis trousers, Gold Toe argyle socks, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede Strandmoks.

A Piece-Of-A-Tie picture, showing my tie clip, which usually doesn't show since on wider ties I only use it to clip the rear blade to my shirt.

P1090992 2.JPG

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting under what someone said was a Banyan Tree. If it was a Banyan Tree, it was a defective Banyan Tree, as I didn't become enlightened while sitting under it.

It's a known fact that you can't position yourself with the proper mudra and asana to achieve enlightenment in Brooks Brothers attire, and you can't pose in maharaja lalitsana in AE Strandmoks. It is neither your fault or the tree's.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG

Since I'm back in Sweden at the moment these were taken a few days ago.

Suit: Luigi Bianchi
Shirt: Inglese
Tie: Kiton
PS: Canali
Shoes: Carmina
Shades: Oliver Peoples

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
@Roycru. Finally thought it was time for me to show my ugly mug around here and to follow up on some advice you've been saying for a while regarding standing in front of things and having people take my photo. I mustered up the guts to have someone take a photo of me under natural light.

This was taken last week with my co worker's camera. Next time I might even try to bring a digital camera next time for outdoor shots.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Hal

Epicure

Reaction score
@Roycru. Finally thought it was time for me to show my ugly mug around here and to follow up on some advice you've been saying for a while regarding standing in front of things and having people take my photo. I mustered up the guts to have someone take a photo of me under natural light.

This was taken last week with my co worker's camera. Next time I might even try to bring a digital camera next time for outdoor shots.

View attachment 834273

Hal
Great work. This is good encouragement for me. I've only had my picture taken for posting on SF once. On that occasion, I'd purchased a Harris tweed jacket and had a willing participant in the store to take the photo. Since then, I've not purchased any clothing in a bricks and mortar store. From now I'll have to find other willing participants to snap me in various poses, as the purchase of new jackets happens much less frequently than the frequency I'd like to post pictures.

Epicure

Reaction score
Since I'm back in Sweden at the moment these were taken a few days ago.

I've liked your post, but I feel the urge to qualify. I especially love this fit for the look of the whole, at some distance as in the first picture, with the sunglasses as the cherry on the top. This is simply said from the perspective of personal preference and with all due respect. Generally, I prefer the look of more widely space stripes for suits, but of course, understand the use of the finely spaced stripes given the choice of tie. Up close it ruined for me, just a little bit. Only in the sense that I'd not expected stripes at all, and had been subconsciously anticipating some other small scale pattern like houndstooth or a fine windowpane that didn't transpire as I scrolled. Regardless, it's a great fit and well executed. As always, I enjoy your posts, even those I like less so. Hopefully nobody will feel that I've spoken out of turn here. Just a few thoughts and observations.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is National Bow Tie Day (or so says the website), hence today's choice of neckwear.

#nationalbowtieday

Suit - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Harvie & Hudson, London
PS - no name brand
Shoes - Paul Stuart

IMG_5972 (767x1280).jpg

IMG_5968 (1077x1280).jpg
IMG_5969 (897x1280).jpg
IMG_5970 (804x1280).jpg
IMG_5971 (563x1280).jpg

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, we have on a chocolate brown jacket with light blue overchecks made from vintage VBC light wool/cashmere blend weighing in at about 10oz. Coat is paired with a pair of mid-gray trousers also in light flannel by Caccioppoli. Sky blue twill cotton shirt and navy grenadine tie to round out the outfit. Enjoy the clip ....

Alan Bee

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've liked your post, but I feel the urge to qualify. I especially love this fit for the look of the whole, at some distance as in the first picture, with the sunglasses as the cherry on the top. This is simply said from the perspective of personal preference and with all due respect. Generally, I prefer the look of more widely space stripes for suits, but of course, understand the use of the finely spaced stripes given the choice of tie. Up close it ruined for me, just a little bit. Only in the sense that I'd not expected stripes at all, and had been subconsciously anticipating some other small scale pattern like houndstooth or a fine windowpane that didn't transpire as I scrolled. Regardless, it's a great fit and well executed. As always, I enjoy your posts, even those I like less so. Hopefully nobody will feel that I've spoken out of turn here. Just a few thoughts and observations.

No worries, it is always interesting to get feedback, positive or negative. We are all ruled by personal preferences, but that doesn't mean that it can't be helpful and informative for others as well.

I've broken one cardinal rule in this fit by combining a striped suit with a striped tie. Normally when I wear this suit I use a solid tie, preferably a grenadine. But life would be boring if we never broke rules!

I would be the first one to admit that of all the fits that I post in SF some work better than others. That's one of the charms of SF. In this case I think it worked reasonably well, just because the suit has a narrow stripe (I dont think that tie would have worked with a wider striped suit). But I see your point that the narrow stripes can muddle things a bit.

emptym

Reaction score
@Roy Al I like most of that. Too many stripes though imo. I'd switch the socks for something like houndstooth. The square could be better too imo, maybe just poofing it instead of that square fold. But something with a larger pattern and/or some dark cream would be good imo.
Been a minute gents.. everyone is looking good.. just have taken some time to take care of my youngest who is 8 months today.. a little bit of what I had going on last week... View attachment 829444 View attachment 829445 View attachment 829446
Saw this on the front page. Best use of a rust tie I've seen. In fact, this is one of the all-time best fits I've seen on SF.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker