• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MarcusB

Reaction score
Although I've been wearing neckties a lot these past 12 years, I've been drawn into giving bowties a go and so far have grown attached a lot to them.. a lot...

P1080561.JPG

P1080570.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diplomatic Ties, has anyone ever told you you're the image of Sebastian Vettel (F1 driver)? :smile:

Nope, that was a first. I dont even drive! But I wouldn't mind having the income of a Formula 1 driver...

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually when I wear this jacket, something in the fit plays off a colour in the overcheck... Today I didn't. I like it, but feels like a bit of a missed opportunity... Or something.

Thoughts?

View attachment 780214 View attachment 780215

I don't mind the tie. I personally would have preferred the tie color to be closer to the jacket color. I'd like a square with some burgundy to pick up the overcheck. If you're looking for a third color that is not navy or burgundy, I'd go with brown. Green or purple could work, but would be riskier.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the tie. I personally would have preferred the tie color to be closer to the jacket color. I'd like a square with some burgundy to pick up the overcheck. If you're looking for a third color that is not navy or burgundy, I'd go with brown. Green or purple could work, but would be riskier.

I don't know if I'd wear this tie and jacket together again, but I think you're right about the square. Cheers

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually when I wear this jacket, something in the fit plays off a colour in the overcheck... Today I didn't. I like it, but feels like a bit of a missed opportunity... Or something.

Thoughts?

View attachment 780214 View attachment 780215
My Man, this looks "Grrrreat" Shoes, maybe a burn-orange suede/Overcheck color in jacket? would set this off???

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's +3 here, so about as far from linen weather as you can get... but I just got this linen suit back from the tailor and decided to take a few snaps after yet another late night at work. It was an impulse buy and I kind of regret it. It's a bit too linen-y and frankly I don't see it getting much wear. I feel like I'm wearing really nice pajamas or something. Curious what you guys think.

1010964.jpg
1010955.jpg

1010951.jpg

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that suit is fantastically fantastic, and if it doesn't get a lot more wear, I will personally fly over to Finland and give you a slap.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#96. Let's see if I can get a nice clean post of yesterday's rig without repeated images.

Fit 17-05-12 - 4.jpg
Fit 17-05-12 - 1.jpg
Fit 17-05-12 - 3.jpg
Fit 17-05-12 - 2.jpg

SuitSupply - Van Laack - HN White - Paolo Albizzati - Grand Seiko - Albert Thurston - Tianzi Shanghai

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that suit is fantastically fantastic, and if it doesn't get a lot more wear, I will personally fly over to Finland and give you a slap.

Haha, noted. Thanks for the feedback. The Finnish climate is not particularly linen-friendly, so it will probably get the most use when I'm abroad.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos