• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick preview of something I picked up at the sale at Paul Stuart's. With the boldness of the pattern, I can well understand why this thing ended up on sale, but as a sports jacket, I think that I'll get some fair use out of it. The fit, however, was super - there were only the most minimal alterations done to both jacket and trousers.

SpitShine

Reaction score
I have a bumper load of fits to share from the last few days, but I'll start with what was quite possibly the best moment of my life at my school leavers prom. Didn't have the balls to ask for it shaken.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crusty-

Don't break up that suit! Wear it all...be bold!

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A quick preview of something I picked up at the sale at Paul Stuart's. With the boldness of the pattern, I can well understand why this thing ended up on sale, but as a sports jacket, I think that I'll get some fair use out of it. The fit, however, was super - there were only the most minimal alterations done to both jacket and trousers.

Tis bold, to be sure. I can see how the sport coat adaptation might be a little easier to work with. Not sure the tie is doing you any favors here, either in pattern or color. I'd stay away from stripes, which are competing with the grid pattern of the suit, and maybe stick with a small scale neat, or a solid, with or without texture as you prefer.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is outstanding. Great purchase.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crusty-Don't break up that suit! Wear it all...be bold!

I will have to wear it as a suit at least once, if only to watch jaws drop.

Tis bold, to be sure. I can see how the sport coat adaptation might be a little easier to work with. Not sure the tie is doing you any favors here, either in pattern or color. I'd stay away from stripes, which are competing with the grid pattern of the suit, and maybe stick with a small scale neat, or a solid, with or without texture as you prefer.

The tie was merely the one I had worn earlier yesterday, and no, that coordination of suit and tie won't happen in real life.

That is outstanding.  Great purchase.  

Thank you. It was one of those garments which I'd never think to try on, but which looked much better on me than on the hanger.

Just not the yellow tie with the new suit, okay?

Calm yourself, Mr. Butch - it won't happen again (see above).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One can never be too careful when it comes to yellow ties, you know?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
One can never be too careful when it comes to yellow ties, you know?
I almost used a gif. But then I remembered I am anti-gif.

Butchy. That's racist.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members