• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The heat is bearable today

IMG_6647mod.jpg

kulata - very nice example of pattern matching. Your fits are consistently good! You must've mentioned it elsewhere, but, are your sport coats MTM, bespoke or OTR? I can't help but notice they fit wonderfully and you seems to have a muscular build - something not easily complimented by the OTR garments these days.

Couple of recent fits:​

Thumbed for the beard and matching your son's tie with yours!

Suit: Formosa
Shirt: Luxire
Tie: Drakes
Shoe: Carmina
Unintentional Collar Sprezz - Priceless.

Very nice, understated fit - love the shoe color. I also couldn't comment and not pay a compliment to your wife/girlfriend. Stunning!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice, understated fit - love the shoe color. I also couldn't comment and not pay a compliment to your wife/girlfriend. Stunning!
Thank you! This was her first outing with her new Louboutins, meaning I had to hear all day about how the soles of her shoes were being ruined
facepalm.gif

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a guess between climate and - when I was in Lilburn - my memory of ATL is vast trees everywhere!

Yikes that is scarily close.

kulata - very nice example of pattern matching. Your fits are consistently good! You must've mentioned it elsewhere, but, are your sport coats MTM, bespoke or OTR? I can't help but notice they fit wonderfully and you seems to have a muscular build - something not easily complimented by the OTR garments these days.
Thanks Shawn. 100% of my jackets are RTW, I only go custom with suits but it's really hard to get a good fit though. I do a lot of package returns, UPS will be tired of me.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score

No, I didn't. However, I once walked past a restaurant in Westwood (on my way back home from UCLA Medical Center) where he apparently has his own table.......
You have a good sense of humor, I like it. I wish I could see more smiles in your pix. So that seat is reserved for me?
Suit: Formosa Shirt: Luxire Tie: Drakes Shoe: Carmina Unintentional Collar Sprezz - Priceless.
I don't care what you are wearing (fresco?) since all I can see is a beautyful women next to you and you're just in the way. What's up with SF members and their hot spouses or girlfriends?!

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@venividivicibj great, understated look. Though totally eclipsed by your better half.
As has been said, your sleeves should be shorter.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It also seems a hair big, but that could just be the sleeves affecting my overall perception (as looking at it, I see no overt signs of it being too large).

Also nice is the break on the pants. You could probably raise the hem slightly, but in general, I think break looks better than no break in real life (though not in pictures). Especially when you introduce movement. I've noticed this with my own pants (I have some with full, some with half/quarter, some with none).

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Veni, those sleeves are way too long. It's a bit of shame to wear a $2000 suit with sleeves like that. Go to a tailor! The rest is nice though.

Yeah... Sleeves are about a half inch too long.

@venividivici

What luxire collar is that?

NOBD 2

@venividivicibj great, understated look. Though totally eclipsed by your better half.
As has been said, your sleeves should be shorter.

Agreed : (

It also seems a hair big, but that could just be the sleeves affecting my overall perception (as looking at it, I see no overt signs of it being too large).

Also nice is the break on the pants. You could probably raise the hem slightly, but in general, I think break looks better than no break in real life (though not in pictures). Especially when you introduce movement. I've noticed this with my own pants (I have some with full, some with half/quarter, some with none).

I like the full break, but still might shorten the pants by a bit. The jacket fits the in the shoulder and chest, I think it's the longer sleeve, and the full break

Last edited:

Brooklyn Best

Reaction score
You Know, wonders never cease.
who ever thought you would see
Gentlemen walking around in suits
that are 2 sizes 2 small for them.....
all from the theme of the Italian cut....... gone wild !!

Almost as comical as the shoes with the dark tips / fronts
and of course cheers to the real cobblers who are still
rolling in laughter from that one

hurry all sheeple their giving them away !

Always listen to dad about the in one season out the next
even if you have the $$$$$$$$$

THANKS DAD !!! MSF
The one and only

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this is what ppl mean by the 'squarish' Formosa shoulder.  Looks great on u, but not suitable for my ski slopes. 

I think it looks great on his shoulders and very rarely have I seen it not look good. There are some where I see the jackets shoulders extend past the wearer but after a few wears the shoulder softens allowing it to lay better.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I revised my view a little the last time this was discussed just a few weeks ago. I haven't always seen Formosa shoulders look good, but not going to name names.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You Know, wonders never cease.

who ever thought you would see

Gentlemen walking around in suits

that are 2 sizes 2 small for them.....

all from the theme of the Italian cut....... gone wild !!

Almost as comical as the shoes with the dark tips / fronts

and of course cheers to the real cobblers who are still

rolling in laughter from that one

hurry all sheeple their giving them away !

Always listen to dad about the in one season out the next

even if you have the $$$$$$$$$

THANKS DAD !!! MSF

The one and only
What a great way to make friends! Just be a total dick to people you don't know and judge them without every trying to understand them! You are a winner!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads