• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's stupendous, Cleav. Nice tie and shoes, NS1.

Thanks, Murl.

They are Andrew Lock's benchgrade cap toe. I'm not sure if he still makes them or not. I should add that I've intentionally darkened them considerably.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Digging the colors, textures, GMMcL, but dat jacket looks mighty short...

Thanks. Covers ******, and hits at the top of my inseam. And that's enough for me.

(Keep in mind it's a crappy cell pic in a crappy hotel mirror).

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Let a thousand moustaches bloom.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am only here to judge.

I have never asked anyone to care about what I think; you either see what I'm saying, or you don't. After time, if you tend to agree with what I say or not, you'll form an opinion about me--just like any other human being. I don't like the friendly forum status, that builds up in this forum in particular, as people pass otherwise bad fits, because that person is a regular. Case in point: If NewYorkIslander wasn't a regular, he wouldn't have gotten so many likes for that godawful tie.

I never troll this forum (unless it's some of the threads filled with right-wing rednecks [a surprising amount]). I am as interested in this as anyone else in this forum. A great deal of thought goes into everything I say and do in life--let alone in one forum of the internet.

I called you out on the first sentence, because to me it seemed, well, a little glib. Your follow-up response OTOH was very well-considered.

Your judgments are welcome, especially if they are on point. Hopefully you will also be giving praise and/or a "thumb" from time to time, as positive feedback helps to strengthen the quality of this thread just as surely as does negative critique.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK gentlemen. That's enough moustaches now.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called you out on the first sentence, because to me it seemed, well, a little glib. Your follow-up response OTOH was very well-considered.

Your judgments are welcome, especially if they are on point. Hopefully you will also be giving praise and/or a "thumb" from time to time, as positive feedback helps to strengthen the quality of this thread just as surely as does negative critique.

It was just meant to be funny. I do praise people just as much as I criticise (I thought), but I guess it's just that human nature element coming into play: People only remember you by the negative things you say and do. I'd like to think I over-thumb, but I could be wrong. Thank you for responding like a well-rounded human and not like sugarbutch, haha.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads