• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another day making arrangements, long and tiring day very wearing but things just need to be done.

Out this evening for a Burns supper, DJ ready, hope I don't fall aslee….zzzzzz

Today

Jacket- Barbour
Shirt- Harford
Tie- Altea
Troos- Universal
Boots- Vintage Grensons

daDudeson

Reaction score
It's a somewhat old suit and therefore a little loose for my taste. (used to be a bit larger
shog[1].gif
)
But I'm afraid having it altered would throw off the proportions. Happened to me with another older suit that I wanted to have slimmed down a bit.
I'm thankful for any tips regarding this issue?

(I opted against the tie bar as you can see in the second pic)

Nine Miler

Reaction score
From what I can see, it looks like it fits pretty well. I can't see what is going on with the pants, but the jacket looks ok. What do you feel doesn't fit?

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a somewhat old suit and therefore a little loose for my taste. (used to be a bit larger
shog[1].gif
)
But I'm afraid having it altered would throw off the proportions. Happened to me with another older suit that I wanted to have slimmed down a bit.
I'm thankful for any tips regarding this issue?

(I opted against the tie bar as you can see in the second pic)
To my eye it looks nice. It may be a hair too short but that could just be me.

ianGP

Reaction score

Can't quite capture the light blue color of the shirt... :(

EDIT: Outerwear

Deets:
SC - Kiton cashmere 3r2
Shirt - Gucci
Tie - Vanda
PS - Wang
Trous - Yount
Shoos - G&G's

Coat - Borrelli
Gloves - RLPL

Last edited:

HannibalBarca

Reaction score
Yes, it's wide for my frame. The brim is almost 3 inches but it's also good for when it rains. My ideal length is 2 inches.

Today was cold, much more than what I'm used to. So I wore some of my heavier clothes.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ted Baker Corduroy Blazer, Thomas Pink shirt, Versace Tie (not pictured - Hermes belt)

My unsolicited opinion -

1) I think the tie and shirt are too close in color and blend together too much.
2) The color of the corduroy SC isn't my favorite, chalk that up to a matter of personal preference, but I do think the casual nature of the corduroy jacket (especially in that color) is at odds with the french cuffs. I never wear FC unless I'm wearing a suit, I know some people (SugarButch for example) feel differently.
3) Nice boots!

Hi guise, thanks for the likes last time

Belvest
Cappelli
Rubinacci

Pliny, you may have my favorite collection of ties of anyone who regularly posts here.

Happy Friday! Icey today here in H-town, so a rare occasion to bust out the camel cashmere overcoat.
smile.gif
Also just took delivery of these flannel pants yesterday in three different colors, hopefully get a few more wears out of them before the season is over. Sorry for the crappy fit pic, I need to find my camera, the self timer on my phone never produces anything usable.

Overcoat is a beauty, TC.

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday. Here's today. More Northern Lights/Friday Challenge

Very nice, GMMcl, especially the jacket. Maybe a hair too much waste suppression if I am nit picking, but no one in the real world would ever notice, so I'll shut up.

Casual Friday for me, but I am sporting these new (to me) Alden chukkas:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads