• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very, very nice GDL. The collar on that shirt is interesting, high with a very nice role for a spread collar. Details?

Thanks. Shirt was a sample/prototype made by Inglese for me. Same collar as all our Inglese shirts - stays taken out

@tweedyprof only the tubo belt and pocket square were from the store. We sell similar pointed end wool/cashmere knit ties though. And I guess we could sell the same sport coat since it is custom. Pick the same fabric and get Sartoria Formosa to make a bespoke one...

Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after. Personally I find them apalling but everyone is entitled to their taste.

That hurts, man. It cuts deep.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Having a little bit of fun at work at work today:

1xGs2ASl.jpg

(Too lazy to crop out the rest of the square, which went with what I actually wore in til I got bored... Slow day)

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Darker? Not on my monitor.

Darker than the average SF-approved dress shirt I mean, i.e. a notably more saturated blue, but not a dark one - apologies for my vagueness. Looks lovely in this context, with light trousers and a casual jacket, I think.

Mimo is a bigot...

towards jeans...

You know that makes no sense whatsoever. Dr Holdfast is dressed entirely correctly for digging the garden, and good of him to put some soft suede shoes on before coming inside. I have never, however, seen a picture of you appearing as if prepared for manual work. For all your other eccentricities, I do imagine your life entirely free of blisters. :)

Silhouette

Reaction score
That hurts, man. It cuts deep.

Stop it, I already elaborated that post. What's more is that I don't live in the greatest city in the world nor in any other city where hipsters are trendy and promoted.

Last edited:

donChisciotte

Reaction score
What's more is that I don't live in the greatest city in the world nor in any other city where hipsters are trendy and promoted.
Please: word "hipster" is so trendy itself.
Speaking for myself, I let my beard grow because...well do I really need a why? What's next? Be ashamed of having a penis?
I didn't know there were cities promoting beards. Do you have any "no-beards allowed" signals too over there?

Silhouette

Reaction score
Please: word "hipster" is so trendy itself.
Speaking for myself, I let my beard grow because...well do I really need a why? What's next? Be ashamed of having a penis?
I didn't know there were cities promoting beards. Do you have any "no-beards allowed" signals too over there?

You guys are totally overdoing it. You should be ashamed of having a penis
biggrin.gif
. Unlike hipsters, I prefer modesty, discretion and integrity. I don't appreciate excessity to the point of being unique.

donChisciotte

Reaction score
You guys are totally overdoing it. You should be ashamed of having a penis
biggrin.gif
. Unlike hipsters, I prefer modesty, discretion and integrity. I don't appreciate excessity to the point of being unique.
I still miss the point: what is unique or excessive in a man with a beard?
You call it integrity; I call it comfort zone.
But you're right: I'm a pervert, so I can't really contradict you
decisions.gif

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Modesty is one thing, akin to a tidy beard perhaps. But if we take this logic to the extreme, then shaving might be more akin to the "mangina". Anyway, each to his own - I think I'd rather talk about ties or something if it's all the same to you gentlemen.
lol8[1].gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Technically this was yesterday, rather than today, and I wasn't going to post such a casual look... but just for mimo... :p

Have you lost some weight? I think you looked a tad more elegant when more robust, but that's just me. I also like your older suits more then the recent "skinny" Suit Supply ones, but just a matter of (personal) taste.
The cream, beige sportcoats I haven't seen you posting them in a while which always looked flattering. Nice casual outfit.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gdl, that SC always makes me jelly.

Beard and jeans hate is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads