• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eliod, Pingson, Sander, Uppr and Arglist- great colors
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+ 3 pink shirts in a row is some kinda record

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keeping the pink shirt synergy going.

Err. Image editing washed out the shirt, but it's a pink prl shirt.

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keeping the pink shirt synergy going.
That's after image editing? :crazy: Gotta work that colour temp a little more, you need to cool the picture quite a lot.......

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I'll try getting some in natural light this afternoon. I used the PS to pick out the flecks of colored wool in the jacket. Hard to make that out with the bleh image.

Sigh.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I dig the large scale herringbone here! This is a vintage jacket?

From what I can tell, the color selection is nice, but I'm guessing: rust tie, brown herringbone and some green/burgundy in the square. If I guessed right, that's a good palette though not sure I would opt for a pink shirt. A bit too much color. then, but depends on how pink.

Some small thoughts for discussion: I'm not sold on the pattern in the square but I think tweed is hard. I also don't think that's the right tie for the jacket (too city). A solid with subtle texture would be better (a donegal wool tie might be nice with its speckled texture, or even a smaller herringbone; grenadine large weave would be an option). The jacket fits you better on the shoulder and hangs on your neck unlike what I remember from your last pic. The shoulders are good.

Last thought. Big lapels! They dwarf your tie, might want something more substantial on the tie front. With higher shirt collar (which you can and should take), a larger knot would really help balance the proportions here. Try a 9cm tie at least or double FIH. My two cents.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pingson that is supreme.

x post from challenge thread...

Last edited:

inlandisland

Reaction score
Sander and in stitches, that is some sweet, sweet sweetness.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keeping the pink shirt synergy going. Err. Image editing washed out the shirt, but it's a pink prl shirt.
More progress. Good for you. More feedback for you to consider: I've come to be a devotee of the belief that silk ties are not of ubiquitous use. Particularly foulard silk, as this appears to be, is arguably a very "formal" texture. And that doesn't necessarily always pair well with, for example, tweed. It also has limited textural range (foulard silk, anyway; there are tons of textures for silk generally). This is often times why you see folks wear wool, cashmere or at least wool blend ties and definitely pocket squares with tweed. In fact, I'm finding I've probably swung too far to the other side, and wear foulard silk less often than probably I should. -- Clags and I got the Meermin Memo. Pretty sure we're wearing the same shooz, though his pictures capture the color much better.
Huntsman Borrelli Brian & Barry Drake's Trafalgar Eddie Bauer USA made cashmere Panthy Meermin (pretty sure these are literally the exact same as Clags' -- color is more snuff than it appears)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
inlandisland, thanks!

loving all the navy on navy action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads