• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should be posting this elsewhere, but I know I will get a quick and honest response if I do so here.

These are trousers from a new Suitsupply Lazio wool suit. I asked for a 1.75 inch cuff. The result is a trouser leg that is much shorter than anything I've ever worn. The tailor said that there was not much material with which to work. If I desire a longer pant leg, he can make the cuff smaller or get rid of the cuff all together.

So, here are my questions.

1. Are the trouser legs too short?
2. If so, should I opt for a 1 inch cuff or eliminate the cuff?

Many thanks for your observations and advice.

It is going to be a great suit! The color in the pictures is not a good representation of the actual brown check and blue windowpane.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad sleeve pitch.

Gray flannel, black suede, blue laces.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It is going to be a great suit! The color in the pictures is not a good representation of the actual brown check and blue windowpane.
I don't wear cuffs, but isn't this within the allowance for cuffs, namely a slight break? Anyway, I can't see your socks.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CP -- those aren't unwearable, but they're as short as they can be. If you go longer, small cuffs are an absolute no-go in my book.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should be posting this elsewhere, but I know I will get a quick and honest response if I do so here.

These are trousers from a new Suitsupply Lazio wool suit. I asked for a 1.75 inch cuff. The result is a trouser leg that is much shorter than anything I've ever worn. The tailor said that there was not much material with which to work. If I desire a longer pant leg, he can make the cuff smaller or get rid of the cuff all together.

So, here are my questions.

That looks fantastic! Cuff and no break, that's how I wear most of my trousers.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CP, they are on the iGent end of the spectrum, but definitely not too short. I like to have style variety in my closet, so in your shoes I would leave them as they are.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How is that not on topic? He didn't bring it up, but if they are going to do more work on his trousers it certainly can be fixed.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CP I think length and cuff are good to go. There seems a little too much spare cloth around ass etc but that maybe more about your pose. Like the cloth

May I take the opportunity go ask SF friends who know as to who SS would compare to on the resident of Britain side of the pond?

Thanks in advance

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skynom, I think that is excellent. You have inspired my next fit.

CP, that length looks spot on to me.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you sightsee in dress shoes? I move too fast for that when traveling and my feet would be killing me at the end of the day. Kudos to you.

Yes. The shoes had rubber soles and I brought a pair of cushioned insoles too. I was good.

Completely random but I always thought AAS was well over 6' tall....I feel like everyone is between 5'7" and 5'9" and then there's me at 6'3"

how I feel when I go on LuxeSwap or the Marketplace here and there are no Size 13 shoes for sale
baldy[1].gif

I think I look pretty tall in my pictures too. I'm not sure why that is.

I have become aware that my pocket square game is kind of weak so I raided the (only) local menswear store here yesterday in search for pocket squares. I wouldn't get caught dead wearing most of the stuff they sell, but I figured that their PSs should at least be serviceable. To my surprise I came across a really nice selection of wool challis PSs from am Italian company named Varoli. Googling didn't bring up much info, anyone heard of this company before? The PS were really nice with muted colours (just as I like them) and surprisingly cheap (about €25). I pretty much cleaned out their selection, but I will go back there and see if they get more stuff later in the spring. The PS in today's fit is one of the four I picked up..

Close-up of PS:

I like the jacket, but the buttons seems too close together and the pocket flaps seem very short.

inlandisland

Reaction score
CP, I too think the length of those trousers looks perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics