• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a lot to take in...though if it were under say, a medium-grey suit it might be muted a bit. Though I don't think he was going for subtle, conservative business dress.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that shirt. Luxire? Deets on the fabric and collar? Chambray, I'm guessing?
Yep! NOBD collar, Chambray Linen. Basically an exact copy of NOBD's shirt, except the cuffs are slightly different. Good collar. I think my new favorite is the 1738 collar, unlined and unfused.

(this was just to try the shirt with a blazer and tie).

MrJ, lovin those carminas
nod[1].gif

Thanks! I like them too. :-D
Maybe, But they are fabulous. Try them with different laces, light and dark. It's like getting a new watch strap.
Thanks Mimo. Where would you (or anyone) suggest to get quality laces from? I think they're great but I don't really think they should show so much as to attract attention to my feet, of all places. That's adverse to what should happen, I would think.

Last edited:

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Took my grandmother to see Itzhak Perlman tonight.

Excellent!

Last photo here for a while - holiday vacation starts in only a few hours and will mostly be spent in exceedingly casual attire. So have a good one and see you all in 2014.....

Pingson: Way to consistently show how it's done... Who makes your shirt, BTW?

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was going for quite the contemporary style here you are correct! I do often wear a Gray V Neck cashmere sweater over this combo.

I bet that works well.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

[/URL] [/SPOILER]
Bon voyage. Travel safe. Hope nobody tries to pick a fight with you, cos if you try to kick their ass you'll probably have to do it in your socks. Just like your loafers, these shoes look at least two sizes too big and I'm surprised they stay on your feet if you are a pedestrian running the daily assault course in Manhattan's streets.

jadias

Reaction score
For a Christmas party:

Everything fits, belt (pretty much) matches Chelseas, etc etc.
1) Cuff the jeans?
2) Debating a black knitted tie but I feel like it'll be too formal. Yes?

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you wanted an informal tie, knit is the way to go. But you'd be better off without. As far as that jacket with those jeans...it seems like there wouldn't be enough contrast. It's possible to do a sport coat with jeans, but I'm not sure that's working there.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a new fit, but full length this time.

It's amazing how many events you have found to wear black tie to since you got your rig. Or is it that you got a rig, so now you look for events...chicken or the egg?

Layered Player

Reaction score
I had the day off from work, and had the chance to experiment a bit - channeling my inner Orville Redenbacher, as it turned out.

Sports jacket, trousers, tie, and shoes - BB
Shirt - LE
PS - no name brand
Cap - James Dermot, London
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin

Now THAT is casual Friday...Crusty old sock you should give up the sitting pose; you look so much thinner standing...my .02

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck mit the X-mas holiday DC. ;-)

Like it, but I think it could be nicer with white shirt.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Friday casual...

I really like this outfit, but when you wear this jacket, the grain/bias of the fabric (indicated by the red lines) always seems strange:

Thanks! The wales are intentionally cut that way, I guess because some designer thought it was clever. The wales on the body actually line up when my arm isn't extended to take the picture.

It's among the oldest pieces in my closet (I discovered yesterday after my phone fell out that I'd worn a hole through not just the pocket bag, but the lining of the jacket), so it may be replaced sometime soon. Until then, I embrace it's quirkiness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads