• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, it doesn't look cool. Do you care about your family or not? You aren't in high school, you are a grown man, a husband, a dad. Smoking is stupid and selfish.

are you ******* kidding? hey Dr. Phil I think Oprah needs a foot massage.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe so many people here are defending smoking and ******** on gringodaddy for making an anti-smoking comment. Get a ******* life if you think smoking "looks cool", and hopefully you'll actually have a life to live if you don't kill yourself with those cancer sticks.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a thousand lifestyle pics here, i.e. people clotting their arteries with pastry, burgers, and steaks. Let's be consistent in health promotion or let us everyone have their own bad habits.

J011yroger

Reaction score
I can't believe so many people here are defending smoking and ******** on gringodaddy for making an anti-smoking comment. Get a ******* life if you think smoking "looks cool", and hopefully you'll actually have a life to live if you don't kill yourself with those cancer sticks.
People aren't defending smoking, they are defending letting grown men do whatever the **** they want, and not casting down upon them with some contrived holier than thou speech. Someone who vocalizes their disagreement with a stranger's behavior when it does not directly affect them is a douchebag, it doesn't matter if you go up to someone in a restaurant and lecture them about the horrors of factory farmed meat, if you go into an ice cream shop and tell another parent not to give their children sweets, or you tell an overweight person that they are a burden to society.

Lots of **** is bad for you, drinking alcohol, eating processed food, texting while driving, bullfighting, ******* a navy seal's girlfriend.

Point is, unless you are the dude's parent, close friend, or significant other, let him do whatever he wants if it doesn't directly affect you.

You are playing tennis and he is standing next to the court causing you to breathe in the smoke, you are perfectly justified in telling him to **** off; he is standing by himself, not bothering anybody smoking, and you take issue, he is perfectly justified in telling you to **** off.

J

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I´m not defending smoking, but I defend everybodys freedom to do such unnecessarily things, if he wants.
If you do not like this, you must emigrate to countrys like north korea or china.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you must emigrate to countrys like north korea or china.
Do you not see how much Red Bull Clapy drinks? Clearly it's anything goes there as well.

But let's all drop this, yeah?

No good will come of this

I think this we can all agree on?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Since when was futility ever a hindrance to discussion here?

From a purely sartorial angle, there is nothing elegant about bad breath or heart disease. But JR has a fair point - it's a matter of personal choice. Like jeans with a tie, or lapel flowers. Just a bit smellier.

In the mean time, it was undeniably a visual enhancement of Stitchy's gangster pose - if not of his life.
stirpot.gif

[/gratuitous and pompous ex-smoker interjection]

Edit - Don, I like your new display picture; made me smirk.

Last edited:

J011yroger

Reaction score
Do you not see how much Red Bull Clapy drinks? Clearly it's anything goes there as well.

But let's all drop this, yeah?

No good will come of this

I think this we can all agree on?

Hark! A voice of reason. Consider it dropped, like a hot spud.

J

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair points, but let's not dismiss smoking as "just some other bad habit" here. I hate when it gets lumped in with things like "eating processed foods." My last comments may have been a bit harsh, but anyone who's lost somebody to lung cancer from smoking I'm sure would be sympathetic to that viewpoint. Maybe that's where gringodaddy was coming from. I could go on, but this isn't the place for that. To get us back on point, even though I don't post fits on here very often, here's one from this week, finally got cold enough to break out some tweed:

LilacCords

Reaction score
null_zps5166a3fc.jpg

Some of what Ive been rockin this week.....

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Donned after 5:30 or so; I didn't violate no rules (satin during the day) or nothing. I did act a bit eccentric this evening.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturday morning errands...

Harris Tweed jacket
Brooks Bros shirt and sweater
Hymns: Ancient and Modern (Hymns: Old and Moldy)

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
Don Cologne I very much enjoy seeing that you've put this forum and this thread to a good use so far and that you've improved your style greatly. Though maybe refrain from using excessive colour correction; some of your pictures are far too vibrant and oversaturated.

What I would like to see from you now, as a fellow non-native speaker, is that you use these realms to improve your English as well.

You are halfway there and I believe that this will prove to be as beneficial to you, as a hotel employee, as it is being the best dressed guy at work.

To give you a few pointers on where you might want to start:

- use and omission of articles.
- when to use an adjective or an adverb and where in the sentence to put it.
- verb tenses: simple past and past perfect (especially irregular verbs).

- bonus: the English passive voice (and why it is so much better than the German passive).

I myself owe a great deal to this community as it offers much more than just clothes and drama.

Clags, my body is like a temple!

...in that it is old, falling apart, essentially useless, and a burden to society.

Seriously though, I think it's time for us to get new coordinated avatars again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads