• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Love the tie, Stitch. I have a very similar Jil Sander tie that I'm looking forward to wearing come cooler weather.

thanks. this is from NYI, its a yellow hook.

Stitchy this looks great I mean it really does...but as if it wasn't enough with us all salivating over mortgage paying shoes and the perfect tailoring on a suit.
Flannel in this weather is insane!!!!!

thanks, and like i said, blame the friday challenge. :)

Stitchy, are my eyes deceiving me, or does one lapel roll to the first button and the other to the second button?

they are not deceiving you. however, they both roll like gently over the first button, its closer to a hard 3, not a 3 r 2.

but because i am slightly pulling on the jacket in the pic, i accidentally pulled down the lapel a little on the buttonhole side, and as you can see there is buckle/dent by the button on the button side that is stopping it from its natural roll. so it looks like what you see. had i noticed that before i left home, i would have adjusted and asked the wife to take a few more pics. oh well.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

miserably hot and humid, but i am wearing flannel and fuzzy tie, because, well, when it comes to the friday challenge, YOU JUST GOTTA MAN UP.

and yes, that is a PS. once again, the friday challenge is to blame.

also, i forgot how nice it feels to wear a stark, crisp, white shirt. i need to do this more often.

I know we should be spoilering but its hard to spoiler such an amazing fit. I love this stitchy. I also cant wait for it to get chilly. I took simba for a walk today and felt the breeze and instant happiness. I cant wait!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tell your tailor not to cut patch breast pockets drunk.
Late reply. It's my fault for not providing enough fabric. First time I brought in my own. Turns out I needed to bring more.

Since there isn't enough fabric, is it possible to take a patch and convert it to a welt?

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice fit SB!

It is seriously hot and muggy today so out came my super lightweight khaki suit!

Suit: Jey Coleman

In case you can't tell from my crappy pics, the tie is blue/white/brown. Shirt is white.

Jacket is too small for you, ill fitted at the chest.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know we should be spoilering but its hard to spoiler such an amazing fit. I love this stitchy. I also cant wait for it to get chilly. I took simba for a walk today and felt the breeze and instant happiness. I cant wait!

thanks, justin!! its not chilly here yet and i can not wait to bust out my fall/winter stuff. been way too long.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

miserably hot and humid, but i am wearing flannel and fuzzy tie, because, well, when it comes to the friday challenge, YOU JUST GOTTA MAN UP.

and yes, that is a PS. once again, the friday challenge is to blame.

also, i forgot how nice it feels to wear a stark, crisp, white shirt. i need to do this more often.

Very nice Stitchy. You get "E" for effort to wear flannel in Bal-mer on a muggy September day. L'Shana Tova, and I hope you are properly chastened and purified by the Day of Atonement. (You can atone for wearing a white cotton handkerchief in your jacket breast pocket, along with everthing else :) . )

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late reply. It's my fault for not providing enough fabric. First time I brought in my own. Turns out I needed to bring more.

Since there isn't enough fabric, is it possible to take a patch and convert it to a welt?

I wouldn't worry that much about the slight mismatch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very nice Stitchy. You get "E" for effort to wear flannel in Bal-mer on a muggy September day. L'Shana Tova, and I hope you are properly chastened and purified by the Day of Atonement. (You can atone for wearing a white cotton handkerchief in your jacket breast pocket, along with everthing else :) . )

thanks you much, crusty. i appreciate the kind words and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads