• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ZOMG IM TRYING A NEW POSE!!!!!

fotobomb!!

classic pose and close ups

please excuse the mess on the porch, we are doing some construction in the basement.

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score

Linen/wool DB
Kamakura button down. Dat collar roll
inlove.gif

Drake's tussah

Last edited:

Scbrown

Reaction score
ZOMG IM TRYING A NEW POSE!!!!!

fotobomb!!

classic pose and close ups

please excuse the mess on the porch, we are doing some construction in the basement.

Stichy I love those Arran's and those colors work together perfectly

The beautiful orange tie is often unappreciated

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that you're happy with your thrift finds, but I also thought a few times that you probably would look great in a less structured suit.

does look better in natural light in more natural stance than the robot pose :) I still say you should try a new updated suit with less structure, LBM 1911 is a nice Italian brand, has been around for a while/ good rep, and is softer than most kitons and isaias without looking boxy or dated. the allen Edmonds shoes are clunky to me, bro! those are thick soles on some heavily brogued wingtips; liked the suede shoe with what appears to be a nicer sole in your new pix. just my unsolicited two cents, of course. will be interested to see your kiton suit!

Ok for the next suit, I try to thrift a less structured suit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stichy I love those Arran's and those colors work together perfectly
The beautiful orange tie is often unappreciated

thanks, mang.

Estitchy, great fit. The trousers look impecable! Deets?

thank you , B. they are PRL, picked em up a few weeks ago. i love em. they have a soft sueded finish.

Dewi

Reaction score

Thanks; funnily enough I had narrowed down the tie choice to that one or a navy grenadine. The grenadine just didn't look right when I held it up against the jacket. I suspect that a navy knit would have been the optimal choice, but I don't currently have one. It was nice to unwind for a short while on the beach after a pretty tiring day, and when the sun is shining the English coast really is stunning. Talking of which, before the longish drive back home, my colleague & I found an excellent restaurant to blow some of the profits from the day on and I had one of the best turbot dishes I've eaten.

You should check out the Welsh coast sometime, puts the English coast to shame. :stirpot:

More chilled out today. Tried out a few combinations for the pattern match challenge but didn't really like any of them so instead settled for a partial match with the (reddish) checks on both the shirt & jacket:

I like this a lot, though I think I would've preferred either a different, darker tie, or no tie at all. I will echo the comments so far on the SC. What fabric is that?

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried this with cream linens and no square today.

Loafers are cheapos I was gifted last year, still looking to get a decent pair.

Also, narrowed the wrap a little bit on the jacket.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
diaz, i think this is defo better than the previous fit with that jacket.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried this with cream linens and no square today.

Loafers are cheapos I was gifted last year, still looking to get a decent pair.

Shhhh. You had me at double breasted seersucker.
inlove.gif
Nothing more needs to be said.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diaz, i think this is defo better than the previous fit with that jacket.

And my empty breast pocket is probably to blame for that!
smile.gif

j/k. But I just found out my white linen hank was also in the bag that was stolen last week, so I really didn't know what to wear. I'm all for wearing a dark, contrasting hank with this, but was suggested white linen or no square yesterday...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What jacket is that? Looks excellent.
Bespoke and some fairly generic linen (which I'm damn happy with)
that is a great collar what shirt is that?
Just a standard spread but I had them add an extra 1.5cm to the collar band.

@Sander - here's my unlined 3 fold. I generally like bigger knots as well, but occasionally I like something smaller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads