• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anniversary dinner with the wife:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I tried to give this the thumbs up, but the forum said I had already liked it (I had). So I'm just quoting and saying: **** man, looking good. (though there appears to be a loose thread on your shoulder)

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clapeyron
Tirailleur1
mimo: "Proof that it's the taste, not the label. Lovely combo."
FlyingMonkey: "This is so much better than almost anything else you have posted."
EFV: "This is really good Alex!"
yywwyy: "Looking great, JA."

Thanks a lot for the thumbs-ups, guys! :)

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this Corneliani Linea Sartoria for a song. Changed the buttons to brown horn buttons.
Can´t decide whether the shoulders are too pronunced. Can the padding be removed without ruining the jacket?

Please advice me.

The rest:

Shirt from Ashwood & Blake
Tie Drake´s of London
Flannell trousers from Oscar Jacobson.
C&J Hallams

Clark

Reaction score
You can remove the padding, there are usually two layers of padding so you can remove one of them. It won't affect the width though.

BTW, I think it looks good, but the balance seem a little off with the quite slim trousers.

/C

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please advice me.
A good tailor can do it, but I think it's considered risky by some (I'm waiting for a jacket to be converted from very pronounced shoulders to soft shoulder, so I'll have some personal experience soon enough). Also the fit seems a bit boxy, but I'm pretty terrible at assessing DB jackets. Dark jackets, gray pants, and black shoes also run the risk of making you look like a security guard, though I suppose security guards don't wear DB jackets, so you're probably safe on that count. I think I like the shirt, but it's hard to make out the texture of the fabric.

I'd suggest x-posting the picture here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found this Corneliani Linea Sartoria for a song. Changed the buttons to brown horn buttons.
Can´t decide whether the shoulders are too pronunced. Can the padding be removed without ruining the jacket?

Please advice me.

The rest:

Shirt from Ashwood & Blake
Tie Drake´s of London
Flannell trousers from Oscar Jacobson.
C&J Hallams

The shoulder of the jacket looks fine, don't destroy it.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
BTW, I think it looks good, but the balance seem a little off with the quite slim trousers.

This. I think the jacket looks boxy whereas the pants seem to fit you nicely. I think you should go with a jacket the works with the pants not the other way round. IMO, of course.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Quote:

I'm with 911 on this one. No need.

There's something not quite right though that's making it look wide and ungainly. Is it a little big in the front around your chest/belly? Rather than attacking the shoulders, taking the whole thing in a touch might make it more balanced. But that's just how it looks to me from the pic - drooping from the chest because it's too big there or across your back. Some more expert eyes will guide you I'm sure.

Quote:
I'm out of green thumbs, but that is sensational. Your jackets always seem to be off the peg, but look tailored for you. Is that the case, or you just happen to fit a standard size really well?

I really envy you guys your heavier fabrics, especially the tweeds and textured stuff. Just too hot for me mostly. But inspired by this thread, this evening I'm finally picking up a heavy three piece country tweed to travel with in a couple of days. Will probably die of heat exhaustion even in a European Autumn, but it will be worth it!

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day at the office. We again had sub-zero temps today, so I threw on a cardigan under the jacket to keep warm. It turned out to be a wise choice. The PS - not so much...

SC: no-name herringbone tweed
Shirt: Belisario MTM
Tie: Holliday & Brown
PS: Drake's
Trousers: Borrelli flannel
Shoes: Tricker's Kensington

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
the jacket

Mr Pingson, yeah that's what I'm talking about right there. Love that fishbone.

Can't live with all you handsome aesthetes and high rollers! But we work with the tools we're given: here's me, still summery as it's about 33C today - one of the coolest days so far. Thanks for the love on yesterday's grey linen; tried to get a better pic of its beige twin with a mirror shot in my daughter's room. Makes me look about 4ft tall but at least it's a touch clearer.

(P.S. Shah - a connoisseur! Yes, the carpet's from your neck of the woods - Tabriz to be precise, and my best one!)

Camera works better for close-ups...

Suit: linen, made for me
Shirt: cotton, ditto
Tie: Burberry
PS: TieBar
Socks: blacksocks.com
Shoes: Cheaney for Herring (leather and canvas)

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
mimo, the PS is out of control. You've managed to fold it awkwardly in the first picture and puff it poorly in the second. That silk calls for a puff, but look at Spoo's last post for a better example of the breed.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit - BB
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - PRL
Cufflinks - Bel Vetro
Shoes - AE Seven

IMG_1486460x1280_zps5c58130d.jpg

IMG_1485447x1280_zps935814e2.jpg

IMG_1482972x1280_zps107e7fba.jpg

IMG_1483801x1280_zpsca7275e4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads