• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Finally Friday. Hot and humid, so I decided to go with the linen suit. Since it's linen, I thought a little slouchiness on the trouser legs wasn't such a bad idea. Now, I'm thinking I might want to get them hemmed for a cleaner line and minimal break. What thinks the Hivemind?
Also, due to weird lighting the true blueness of the suit didn't come out in the full body shot. The closeup is more true to color.

The hivemind thinks you are wearing an excellent outfit. :satisfied:

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My cousin a long time ago when she was in high school had this boyfriend who was very preppy. Her family thought he was gay because he called any pair of pants, "slacks". I get made fun of by less style conscious friends for calling my suit pants, "trousers" and not "pants", or "dress pants". I think they are just philistines.

and...

I think they should be a lot more worried about being str8 to be honest. LOL :embar:

What do str8's know about anything anyway....

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna cross post this since I stumble upon this French country-style tweed suit.

Aside from looking dated, I really like the texture of the suit for its interesting fabric and its uniqueness. So what would you gentlemen suggest to pair with this suit? Shirt, shoe etc.

The jacket is 3 roll 2, here are a few photos taken by the seller:

539A8025A37443B6B8998AFD288D8464.jpg

A0BCA3CDBBD14EACB4E4E7015F3A5924.jpg

71C4DE5B19F54C1EBCC1E64C3DA12C51.jpg

4B79A35D05994654B051FB5F44EA0499.jpg

97B22F221A734F7EBE2D13C3115B7B97.jpg

DA550DF1399E4618AE55C92B35D9D5A3.jpg

905A410ACBB24BC7BAD7B50A14CCB05E.jpg

I decided to take a few photos of the suit myself, in attempt to capture the texture of the fabric as well as a better representation of the color:

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0878.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

Very interesting buttons!!
I have absolutely no clue about the suit or the makers at all, can any experts guide me toward the right direction? That would be very helpful.

What are your thoughts?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna cross post this since I stumble upon this French country-style tweed suit.
Aside from looking dated, I really like the texture of the suit for its interesting fabric and its uniqueness. So what would you gentlemen suggest to pair with this suit? Shirt, shoe etc.
The jacket is 3 roll 2, here are a few photos taken by the seller:

[/SPOILER]
What are your thoughts?

With all that is going on with the cloth and the buttons I think you need to go very simple and solid with the shirt, tie and shoes or else the eye will go spastic trying to see everything.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can anyone with more knowledge of tailoring tell me what leads a jacket to open up too much below the buttoning point? I guess a narrow waist could do that but I notice it on a few of my jackets even if they are not tight in the waist. I am guessing maybe hips and seat may have something to do with it, posture too. Thanks in advance.
Edit: HF, I just noticed your comment. I agree. The quarters seem to be the issue here. For reference, I think these are my two best fitting jackets in regards to quarters and I agree, they are slimming. Can this be done with jackets that are off the rack? I.e. can quarters be "slightly" closed by a tailor but not so closed they have that "boxy" look. I think I need a happy medium.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would change the PS color. I think they always look better if they are totally unrelated to the shirt and tie, or only pick up one minor color in the shirt or tie. For example, a yellow, or a paisley with green and burgundy.

Can't tell about the pants, but they seem to dark for the jacket.

Romain

Reaction score

I would change the PS color. I think they always look better if they are totally unrelated to the shirt and tie, or only pick up one minor color in the shirt or tie. For example, a yellow, or a paisley with green and burgundy.
Can't tell about the pants, but they seem to dark for the jacket.

I have a burgundy/green paisley PS, I'll try next time.

About the pants, I really don't know what to wear with this jacket :confused: Maybe a light grey, or washed jeans (such as the ones in IST's last fit)?..

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know, I am not too sure about the trousers either. I am thinking light grey, but somebody else who is more of a sport coat guy might have better ideas.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With all that is going on with the cloth and the buttons I think you need to go very simple and solid with the shirt, tie and shoes or else the eye will go spastic trying to see everything.

That is sort of my thoughts too. The fabric itself definitely attracts a lots of attention. I've worned the jacket as a sport coat with black pants and tie-less, and it was great. But wear it as a suit it'd be much more challenging as I would imagine.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a burgundy/green paisley PS, I'll try next time.
About the pants, I really don't know what to wear with this jacket :confused: Maybe a light grey, or washed jeans (such as the ones in IST's last fit)?..

I'd go for cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads