• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's a new jacket I just bought with a classic Oxford shirt. I know the jeans aren't great - I am trying to slim down a little before buying new jeans and trousers. What else could i wear this with besides jeans? I was thinking navy cargo's. Not khaki chinos I know that but maybe stone or white chinos? Feedback please

grey flannel.

Not jeans. The shoulder are too strong for that to work and the current outfit looks kinda horrible (regardless of jean selection). also, navy cargo pants? wtf?

ianGP

Reaction score
Casual in the office today :D

04-07-12002.jpg

04-07-12004.jpg

04-07-12005.jpg

Jacket: Yohji
Shirt: Hugo Boss
Tie: American Standard
Khaki: H&M
Shoes: Sutor
PS: unknown

BCN Citizen

Reaction score
grey flannel.
Not jeans. The shoulder are too strong for that to work and the current outfit looks kinda horrible (regardless of jean selection). also, navy cargo pants? wtf?

I agee. I think also a navy trou or even a dark brown ones would fit with that jacket.

modandm

Reaction score
grey flannel.

Quote:
I agee. I think also a navy trou or even a dark brown ones would fit with that jacket.

Thanks for the feedback. Initailly bought it with this look in mind:

Grey flannel okay I get that. Navy or dark brown trousers yes - would these be chinos or what sort of trousers - perhaps cord?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fixing a misbehaving pipe just hours before Easter Vigil. Argh!
LL Bean, everything

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
New member here!
Please excuse the poor quality of the attached photo.
Clearly this is more of a casual look.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dean shah's fit points to something that you seem to not be able to understand, which is that clothing doesn't have to adhere to a certain set of rules and regulations, like wearing a white tv fold pocket square, or any pocket square for example.
I'm firmly on the MC side of things during the week when I post fits but can still appreciate looks from designers like yohji, dries van noten etc etc. Doesn't mean I'd wear them, but that's not the point. I also really think your post count is at the point where your commentary in this thread should be backed up with some fits of your own, think of it to school the shah's and SW&D guys if you like.

Charly bud, I reckon Shah's stuff would probably look amazing in the street wear thread, but it does not look good in this thread. That is all. So if he would take his fits back where they came from, it would please me a lot.. I googled Georgy Yamamoto and could not find stuff of his own. Seems that he designs adidas sportwear and we all know what that looks like. Dries van noten is a little fashion forward for us I think, andyway i got a pic to show for members benefit.

In answer to your question as to the possibility of me posting on this thread, I think it most unlikely at this point in time. My current body proportions preclude it for one, and so does my age to some extent.I will depend on your own good self as well as other guys with appropriately proportioned bodies to do the honours.in the interim. Lionhart biker would probably also do quite well as a mannequin once he stops defending shah's virginity. Sorry, did I say that. I meant clothing choices!

I wonder what the wider precepts of their relationship are, are they just friends, or friends with benefits. I am sure Lionhart could probably enlighten us with the details should he feel so inclined. Until that happens, we would just have to imagine how sordid it might be.

I am not attacking the shah's personality or personally, I am only trying to convince him that this is the incorrect thread for him and i don't think he will ever find real happiness and long term love for his outfits here. He is a sweet guy and thinks he wears beautifully designed and fitted clothes, just like we all do.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
:lol: love you too boo

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a fun read.

Last edited:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sheepy's shawl lapels bear but the most passing similarity to the ones Bogart sports in Casablanca. To my eye, they are as different as different can practically be.
I find the notion of reshaping Acrid's lapels quite odd. People seem to have gone a little apeshit crazy in this forum recently concerning the extent to which an existing garment can be, or should be, altered. Lapels, "buttoning points," pockets, hems, sleeve diameters, pants leg "tapering," shoulders: it's like all these things exist only in MS Paint in the imaginary StyleForvm world and one is free to move them around at will.
If you had the eye to restyle something successfully, you would have had the eye not to have bought something ugly or ill-fitting in the first place.
Are you altering something that fits to fit a bit better? That makes sense.
Are you engaging in a restyling of a garment, particularly RTW? This is nuts except in very rare cases. Toss it, and get a new one. If you can pay for a recut done by a real tailor with some chance of succeeding, you can pay for a replacement.

Having an ability to spot ugly or ill-fitting things has little to nothing to do with not knowing that reshaping lapels is such a daring maneuver. Obviously I had enough of an issue with the lapels so as to ask all you fine folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads