• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blasphima

Reaction score
Since my 2-roll-1 velvet jacket rustled everyone's jimmies, here's my take on conservative business dress to make up for it.
And yes, I know that wearing a pocket square with an outfit like this is technically incorrect...

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pointy shoulders? They are roped, ya n00bz. Not everybody likes natural shoulders.

:D

My "point" was this:

And not this:

But, everyone should hike their own hike.
Toscanini: "Verdi was right. Wagner was right. They were both right!"

Coda: acridsheep could wear anything and make it look like a million bucks. He has the "touch".

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geez Shah other's may say you looking cool dude, and maybe even you think so, but I think it looks like you got out of a tumble drier backwards with all those creases and wrinkles.

To make it worse, none of it fits you, the jacket sleeves are too long and rolled back, is it kinda like an anorak gone wrong with all the padding in the chest area. The trousers are also too long.

Shouldn't this rather have been posted in some other thread. It doesn't really fit in here at all. You seem to keep posting these 'casual' outfits that you say are designed by some person whose name i cannot even pronounce dear, let alone heard of, as if I am supposed to be awestruck or something.

A personal challenge for you :-
Try really hard, and see if you can wear a stylish suit and tie outfit soon that we can all swoon over and be happy about. :nodding:

Dean shah's fit points to something that you seem to not be able to understand, which is that clothing doesn't have to adhere to a certain set of rules and regulations, like wearing a white tv fold pocket square, or any pocket square for example.

I'm firmly on the MC side of things during the week when I post fits but can still appreciate looks from designers like yohji, dries van noten etc etc. Doesn't mean I'd wear them, but that's not the point. I also really think your post count is at the point where your commentary in this thread should be backed up with some fits of your own, think of it to school the shah's and SW&D guys if you like.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sheepy's shawl lapels bear but the most passing similarity to the ones Bogart sports in Casablanca. To my eye, they are as different as different can practically be.

I find the notion of reshaping Acrid's lapels quite odd. People seem to have gone a little apeshit crazy in this forum recently concerning the extent to which an existing garment can be, or should be, altered. Lapels, "buttoning points," pockets, hems, sleeve diameters, pants leg "tapering," shoulders: it's like all these things exist only in MS Paint in the imaginary StyleForvm world and one is free to move them around at will.

If you had the eye to restyle something successfully, you would have had the eye not to have bought something ugly or ill-fitting in the first place.

Are you altering something that fits to fit a bit better? That makes sense.

Are you engaging in a restyling of a garment, particularly RTW? This is nuts except in very rare cases. Toss it, and get a new one. If you can pay for a recut done by a real tailor with some chance of succeeding, you can pay for a replacement.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@ Blasphima:
I like hard 3 but most of SF doesn't so if you get any **** for that ignore them! Your jacket fits well but sleeves look a bit short. don't like the tie at all but there's nothing 'technically incorrect' about a pocket square with that outfit, and a white TV fold is about as conservative and inoffensive as you can get.

modandm

Reaction score
Here's a new jacket I just bought with a classic Oxford shirt. I know the jeans aren't great - I am trying to slim down a little before buying new jeans and trousers. What else could i wear this with besides jeans? I was thinking navy cargo's. Not khaki chinos I know that but maybe stone or white chinos? Feedback please

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since my 2-roll-1 velvet jacket rustled everyone's jimmies, here's my take on conservative business dress to make up for it.
And yes, I know that wearing a pocket square with an outfit like this is technically incorrect...

The ps is not technically incorrect. Especially a white one. The tie, on the other hand, is an atrocity and deserves to die.

You're also rocking a little too much exposed cuff for my tastes.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good but undo your top button and get a different tie.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Blasphima:

suit is a little dated but IMO it's a true 3B so top two done up is fine
tie is very dated, I'd suggest you pass it on to a charity
pocketsquare is fine, yours is folded too wide so it's not sitting well here (too much showing)
suit sleeves are probably 0.5-0.75 inches too short

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, nothing will display with the correct orientation (inb4gayjoke)

facepalm.gif

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:fu:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sheepy's shawl lapels bear but the most passing similarity to the ones Bogart sports in Casablanca. To my eye, they are as different as different can practically be.
I find the notion of reshaping Acrid's lapels quite odd. People seem to have gone a little apeshit crazy in this forum recently concerning the extent to which an existing garment can be, or should be, altered. Lapels, "buttoning points," pockets, hems, sleeve diameters, pants leg "tapering," shoulders: it's like all these things exist only in MS Paint in the imaginary StyleForvm world and one is free to move them around at will.
If you had the eye to restyle something successfully, you would have had the eye not to have bought something ugly or ill-fitting in the first place.
Are you altering something that fits to fit a bit better? That makes sense.
Are you engaging in a restyling of a garment, particularly RTW? This is nuts except in very rare cases. Toss it, and get a new one. If you can pay for a recut done by a real tailor with some chance of succeeding, you can pay for a replacement.

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been wearing the hell out of these pants I got from inlandisland lately. It's still cold here in Sweden so corduroy works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads