• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

mafoofan111311m.jpg

This is either a real ******* disaster, or a joke.

Matt, nothing you say on this forum about fit and style can be taken seriously after this. This looks like a thrifted Botany 500 suit you ebayed and didn't get tailored. How can you talk so much **** and back it up with this?

bigbucky

Reaction score
People are responding like they've never seen pics of Foo before. That's how he's always looked.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some brutal stuff up there ^^^ - me, I admire Mafoo for his knowledge, enthusiasm and commitment, and *&*% knows there's a lot worse posted.. I've only just started, for example

Bout a thousand degrees here but want to air this Grey Donegal + Hober cashmere + trusty Vass effies

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is either a real fu**ing disaster, or a joke.
Matt, nothing you say on this forum about fit and style can be taken seriously after this. This looks like a thrifted Botany 500 suit you ebayed and didn't get tailored. How can you talk so much sh*t and back it up with this?

^Troof

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I rather like the style of mafooan. The rather vintage 4 x 1 DB is hard to full off, he had done well and it is no way near to disaster, few criticism

1. Jacket is slightly too short, I guess this is personal because mafoofan is perhaps a little bit short
2. Too aggressive turn ups, for him 1" would be better

Otherwise I don't see how bad is it.....

p.s. yes perhaps he is not tall, but he dress better than the majority of members here.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I rather like the style of mafooan. The rather vintage 4 x 1 DB is hard to full off, he had done well and it is no way near to disaster, few criticism
1. Jacket is slightly too short, I guess this is personal because mafoofan is perhaps a little bit short
2. Too aggressive turn ups, for him 1" would be better
Otherwise I don't see how bad is it.....
p.s. yes perhaps he is not tall, but he dress better than the majority of members here.

I agree with this. I haven't been here long enough to understand the social dynamics of what's going on between Mafoofan and half the rest of the forum, but it seems like rather too much of the 'critique' is aimed at his height and is also borderline racist. It seems that in the USA, some people think it's okay to say things about Asians that you rightly wouldn't be able to get away with when talking about African-Americans (for example). Maybe he's annoyed a lot of people over the years and maybe he comes across as arrogant and patronising - and I am certainly no particular fan of his forum persona - but that's no excuse for some of the outright hate on display here.

The only things that are wrong with this are that the turn-ups are too big and the button position is maybe an inch too low. That is really it. Otherwise the jacket is almost perfectly fitted. The lapels are classic for this kind of suit and also exactly what's in right now (if that matters). The colour choices and textures are a bit dull for my taste, but they are perfectly acceptable by SF standards, and perhaps exemplary of what many people here seem to want to achieve.

I think the Foo hunting season should now be officially closed. From my perspective as a relatively new member, it really does not make this forum look good.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

I agree with this. I haven't been here long enough to understand the social dynamics of what's going on between Mafoofan and half the rest of the forum, but it seems like rather too much of the 'critique' is aimed at his height and is also borderline racist. It seems that in the USA, some people think it's okay to say things about Asians that you rightly wouldn't be able to get away with when talking about African-Americans (for example). Maybe he's annoyed a lot of people over the years and maybe he comes across as arrogant and patronising - and I am certainly no particular fan of his forum persona - but that's no excuse for some of the outright hate on display here.

The only things that are wrong with this are that the turn-ups are too big and the button position is maybe an inch too low. That is really it. Otherwise the jacket is almost perfectly fitted. The lapels are classic for this kind of suit and also exactly what's in right now (if that matters). The colour choices and textures are a bit dull for my taste, but they are perfectly acceptable by SF standards, and perhaps exemplary of what many people here seem to want to achieve.

I think the Foo hunting season should now be officially closed. From my perspective as a relatively new member, it really does not make this forum look good.

For the sake of comparison, recall how the forum ganged up on Achillus last week. It was pretty ugly as well but...you reap what you sow. Foo's timing with Occupy SF and the picture wasn't probably coincidental. He enjoys being a gadfly and is probably laughing off all the critiques.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Pardon me for intruding.

I love it. No doubt many will not, but for me, the vibrancy of the coat works with the relatively understated colours of the other pieces, which do however reference some of the colours found in the coat. Shoes are perfect for this combination.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
For the sake of comparison, recall how the forum ganged up on Achillus last week. It was pretty ugly as well but...you reap what you sow. Foo's timing with Occupy SF and the picture wasn't probably coincidental. He enjoys being a gadfly and is probably laughing off all the critiques.

I found that rather disturbing too. And another smaller man as well. I once worked studying monkey for six months, and sometimes the behaviour on this forum is like watching a pack of young male monkeys. The rhetoric might be human but the underlying psychology is just simian sometimes.

And I'm sure neither Achillus or Mafoofan do themselves any favours but that still doesn't excuse the mob mentality. We are all responsible for our reactions and they cannot be blamed on someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads