• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have a camera so this is the only picture of my outfit. Sorry for putting one hand in my pocket as the suit is ventless.

Not really diggin this outfit. Sorry buddy, I think the suit is nice but she shirt and don't are not my style.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really diggin this outfit. Sorry buddy, I think the suit is nice but she shirt and don't are not my style.

Yes, I think I should stop experimenting with styles that are not in my natural element. I was trying to modernize a classic look but was very hessitant to. Everyone told me they liked it but I am not sure.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Nah, it's only because of the lightning.
If I get the shoulders shortened would the sleeves get shortened too?

hmmmm, by SF standards the suit is passable and of note is that the shoulders are wide. by real world standards, wear a crisp white shirt (with a collar that fits you this time) and a colorful but tasteful tie and you'll look good. while we're at it, those shoes might be too casual for an event, and the belt is fairly casual too... Keep posting!

you must be new here... :) Tibor marches to his own drum, and if i may say, does it pretty well. Nice 'accessories' too!

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually would wear a light blue shirt with a white collar, silver houndstooth tie, and burgandy pocketsquare, but I decided to go too radical. Strike 2. :facepalm:

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I think I should stop experimenting with styles that are not in my natural element. I was trying to modernize a classic look but was very hessitant to. Everyone told me they liked it but I am not sure.
That chick looks great, any details :smarmy:. I'm not a fan of grey/black shirts. You should had used lighter colours.

Last edited:

dan138zig

Reaction score

hmmmm, by SF standards the suit is passable and of note is that the shoulders are wide. by real world standards, wear a crisp white shirt (with a collar that fits you this time) and a colorful but tasteful tie and you'll look good. while we're at it, those shoes might be too casual for an event, and the belt is fairly casual too... Keep posting!

the shirt was just a random shirt for the photo shoot. What a coincidence, actually I've been planning to wear a white shirt with thin blue stripes and blue knit tie. it's crisp, alright :slayer:
thanks about the belt advice. never thought it'd be considered casual. I'll stick with the shoes because it's not an all-out formal event.

Last edited:

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your good taste in women almost makes up for that shirt.....but not quite.

ROFL :D That is my very good friend Erika. Right now I don't want a girlfriend but I do have many girls as friends. I do want to express myself and my style and have fun being a young man. Latley I have been trying some radical looks but I will now return to my natural style. I won't strike out on HOF, I know I have 2 strikes now.:embar:

Last edited:

whoDAT

Reaction score
love love LOVE this thread!!!

But I gotta know... what's your guys' trick to a double 4IH where it still retains a triangular shaped knot? And ESPECIALLY, how do you tie it where you can still see the under layer of the tie/ the inner part of the double loop around after you've tightened the knot? I get so frustrated tying the double 4IH because my knots usually tend to look like a cylindrical/ tubular shape instead of triangular AND I can hardly ever get it to show the bottom/ under layer (bottom of the knot) like PG's pic below so i sometimes resort back to the half windsor. Help???

110718157.jpg

Last edited:

Exin

Reaction score
the shirt was just a random shirt for the photo shoot. What a coincident, actually I've been planning to wear a white shirt with thin blue stripes and blue knit tie. it's crisp, alright
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thanks about the belt advice. never thought it'd be considered casual. I'll stick with the shoes because it's not an all-out formal event.

Shoulders can hardly be adjusted without complete reconstruction.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have a camera so this is the only picture of my outfit. Sorry for putting one hand in my pocket as the suit is ventless.

Is that Ms Tibor ? if so very well done sir :nodding:

as for the outfit... who cares nobody will pay attention with such nice "accessory"... :D

Last edited:

Navi

Reaction score

love love LOVE this thread!!!

But I gotta know... what's your guys' trick to a double 4IH where it still retains a triangular shaped knot? And ESPECIALLY, how do you tie it where you can still see the under layer of the tie/ the inner part of the double loop around after you've tightened the knot? I get so frustrated tying the double 4IH because my knots usually tend to look like a cylindrical/ tubular shape instead of triangular AND I can hardly ever get it to show the bottom/ under layer (bottom of the knot) like PG's pic below so i sometimes resort back to the half windsor. Help???

110718157.jpg

Grab both sides of the tie band on either side of the knot and give them a tug. Can adjust how tight it is and the shape by doing that and tightening the knot/shaping it with your fingers. Also practice.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you were experimenting, but this is the perfect example of how sticking with a basic shirt (white, light blue, etc.) would have made this look perfect.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you were experimenting, but this is the perfect example of how sticking with a basic shirt (white, light blue, etc.) would have made this look perfect.

Next time. I really appreciate you gentleman being honest in a manner that is straightforward and still promotes my style being loyal to my personality. Thank you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads