• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A light snow is expected in NYC today - and April starts in a week. Feh to this weather!

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing new here except the tie which I picked up over the weekend in Drake's store on Clifford Street. Store manager informed me that they will only produce 8cm ties for the foreseeable future. :brick:

I picked up two of the last 9cm ties they were still carrying (in a box that had to be sent down from the storage upstairs). So alas no more Drake ties for me (unless I try their MTO program).....

[/SPOILER

Last edited:

Syeknom

Reaction score
Pingson that looks fantastic. Sucks that they're stopping 9cm ties - I keep itching to buy another Drakes but 8cm is too small and their selection of 9cm has been pretty weak lately (and don't even go on sale). Yours is gorgeous though, nice one.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pingson that looks fantastic. Sucks that they're stopping 9cm ties - I keep itching to buy another Drakes but 8cm is too small and their selection of 9cm has been pretty weak lately (and don't even go on sale). Yours is gorgeous though, nice one.

Yes it is indeed very sad, I also find the 8cm ties to be too skimpy for me. The 9cm ties they had left were a mix if ties from the last few seasons, but they probably had less than 50 of them left and there were only a few designs to choose from. I picked up the ancient madder in the pics above and a navy with white pin dots that I have been contemplating getting for quite a while now. While Drake still have the MTO program, I find the price (£155) a tad bit too much for my taste....

Syeknom

Reaction score
Yes it is indeed very sad, I also find the 8cm ties to be too skimpy for me. The 9cm ties they had left were a mix if ties from the last few seasons, but they probably had less than 50 of them left and there were only a few designs to choose from. I picked up the ancient madder in the pics above and a navy with white pin dots that I have been contemplating getting for quite a while now. While Drake still have the MTO program, I find the price (£155) a tad bit too much for my taste....

Yeah, there are too many other good options out there to faff around with £155 for a Drakes. I'll mostly stick to Hober and Vanda instead.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thoughts on plum and tobacco?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, there are too many other good options out there to faff around with £155 for a Drakes. I'll mostly stick to Hober and Vanda instead.

This...however, Exquisite Trimmings has had a good number of Drakes at 9cm. These have to, I take it, be specially ordered, but the price point is the same as 8cm. Shaya in my limited experience has been a great vendor, plus he posts a good number of sales where the prices will drop anywhere between 20-40%. So worth keeping an eye out. He also keeps a nice stock of excellent Drake PSs (cf. Mr Porter's selection).

Syeknom

Reaction score

Love it but feel like the white shirt is too much, too stark, too aggro.

This...however, Exquisite Trimmings has had a good number of Drakes at 9cm. These have to, I take it, be specially ordered, but the price point is the same as 8cm. Shaya in my limited experience has been a great vendor, plus he posts a good number of sales where the prices will drop anywhere between 20-40%. So worth keeping an eye out. He also keeps a nice stock of excellent Drake PSs (cf. Mr Porter's selection).

Hm, that's extremely interesting indeed. Thanks for the good advice!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My two cents...my first gut response is that it feels a bit too close in tone, but the tie looks almost burgundy on my monitor so I wonder if I'm seeing the right color.

I know we're close to spring, but I've been very into rust and brown where the former veers towards orange (but not garishly so). A bit more contrast. However, looking at your combo there a bit more, I feel like it can work, so that's something, a combination one might notice it and appreciate it. Nice clean lines in the trouser and just a bare minimum of break, which I like.

Um...that isn't a white shirt, but very light blue? White shirts seem too stark for brown for some reason.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eviltime, you have some unique combinations, but in general I think your jackets fit too tight. This particular example the top and bottom are incongruent. Also, that's a cool tie, in an ugly tie sort of way, very TTO, but it matches the shirt (which is a great shade of pink, btw) and clashes with the pattern in the square.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads