• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive the hideous bathroom background. Last time I wear this jacket before I send it off to Luxire to be replicated with some adjustments in another fabric.

Really like this, Murl. Another good example of dark bottom, light top working well.

A rare break in the rain for some sunny weather. Will wonders never cease..

Jacket is fantastic, and the pants/shoe combo works, but I feel the bold stripes and tie, along with the mostly red square may be a little too much.

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, guys. @AJL I see what you are saying, especially if the tie were as red as the pics indicate, but I think the burgundy color IRL helps the square out a bit. Not perfect, but better than pictured. Today:

BB
Charvet
Viyella
Kenzo
JPeterman
Church's

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think @An Acute Style should win the award for most versatile watch. That timex fits in well with all his fits!

luv2breformed

Reaction score
as requested. if peeps get mad im blamin you!!!

Stitchy, you should post your MC cazh fit here, too. Break down the walls, bro!

I actually think MC Casual belongs in here. I mean, I've seen denim in this thread and tieless fits also. The MC Casual WAYWRN seems so dead compared to this one. I'm sure there were good reasons to separate them, but I like seeing those fits here personally.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I actually think MC Casual belongs in here. I mean, I've seen denim in this thread and tieless fits also. The MC Casual WAYWRN seems so dead compared to this one. I'm sure there were good reasons to separate them, but I like seeing those fits here personally.

well, in days of old (before my time) SWD and MC were together. eventually, and rightly so imo, they were split. they really do not belong together. they are just too different, both the people and the style and there would be so much cross conversation and slapfights.

it seems that after that split, anything not jacket and tie pretty much left MC, and so, the casual thread was started. im not sure it quite belongs here, but the MC Cas thread is a pretty dead thread. there are also a lot of fits there that just dont make sense. not MC not SWD, and good feedback would help people to improve. just not sure people here really want to talk about that stuff.

it is an interesting quandary.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
as requested. if peeps get mad im blamin you!!!

Stitch, those are your gustins? Got the hemmed? Anyway, looking good. Makes me want to get some naturals.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, those are your gustins? Got the hemmed? Anyway, looking good. Makes me want to get some naturals.

they are RL, varrick slim fit, thin wale, 5 pocket, jean cut, cords (quite the mouthful!). i got them online from the winter sale for 20 bucks. :)

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
they are RL, varrick slim fit, thin wale, 5 pocket, jean cut, cords (quite the mouthful!). i got them online from the winter sale for 20 bucks.
smile.gif

Darn, 20 bucks. Well done.

They look good, more slim than the Gustin's. I'm still wavering on the straight fit there, too full at the calf, not enough taper. These look better, IMO. Anyway, don't know if people are going to get up in arms about fits like this in this thread, but I don't mind.
peepwall[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads