• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread needs so much more of aportnoy and so much less of other crap.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Yup. This is my final attempt. Then I'll move onto the shirts from Korea. I am guessing I should start with solid ties?

I actually think small neat patterns are better: just as formal, but add some subtle character. Sometimes wearing all solids (and I have to say, this is something I've change in my own wardrobe over the years) can look terribly flat - and adding brighter colours alone rarely works. Grab a couple of Macclesfields for classic, safe conservative business dress without that "mail order catalogue" look.

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How about:

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
rotflmao.gif

"Here at SF, we now have photoshop capabilities to instantaneously improve your look!"
This just cracked me up. Nice job, dude. LOL

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rudals...I have experienced equal difficulty in pairing glen plaid shirts with suits but have found them to be great with odd jackets. Try pairing it with a tweed (nothing too bold patterned) with complementary coloring and and flannels with a contrasting (with constraint) knit tie and I think you will be happier.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely a navy knit. Everything else too, but I suspect hell will freeze before we see Rudals in tweed.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL - this was a very useful clear cut throat type of feedback. You may have found your unique talent.
I've shopped Claghorn's and Stitchy's trousers when they were having difficulties combining them with a paritcular jacket. It's always a fun exercise of colour coordination.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've shopped Claghorn's and Stitchy's trousers when they were having difficulties combining them with a paritcular jacket. It's always a fun exercise of colour coordination.

And your actions led to me to taking similar actions for the sake of experimenting with color.

(originally navy pants)

(on looks where black tie might be the optimal choice)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Rudals and Stichy!

I am also relegated to conservative suits for the work week so I know where you are coming from.

Sounds like the shirt should be saved for weekend wear and then you could pair it with just about any type of sweater or odd jacket combo.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
For the record, I like DonCologne's shirt collar, I see no issue with it... its better than the ones he's had recently, where one collar seemed to be going under the other...

Agree about the trousers - they're too short. I have this issue, being 6'5" (now that we're all being honest). It generally doesn't bother me, on me, but it does when I see it on others.
wink.gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Shoot, I might be running out of thumbs up with all these feedbacks.
@Claghorn - show me some nice tweeds, I just might. I am gonna lurk around and see who had some great looks with striped shirts.
The pencil striped shirt you got you can just treat as a solid light blue. The shirt where the stripes are a bit farther apart, you'll want to stick with solids or maybe neats. But both are pretty conservative and easy to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members