• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I assume the suit is by Despos.

IIRC, Despos convinced you to have your first bespoke suit out of this fabric. I was a bit surprised at the time and still am. It's not your typical "first suit" fabric and perhaps not even the second or third. It would be interesting to hear the thought process behind that choice. The suit looks very good, of course.

That it looks very good and the fabric is wonderfully soft was pretty much the thought process. Chris brought it down from Dallas after our first meeting because he thought it was something I'd like, and I did. Not any more convincing than that, though Chris deserves all credit for having the thought.

Also, thanks for the thumbs.

Last edited:

twenty3

Reaction score
Lol did you even bother to read his full post ^^
I read the entire post. I actually meant "What brand is this shirt?" and "From what materials is it made?"

Also, yes I did read the entire post. Maybe it's 100% non-iron cotton. Maybe it's made of untreated cotton. Maybe it's made of supima cotton. Maybe it's a Brooks Brothers shirt. Maybe not.

Further, even though I posed my question incorrectly, why didn't you add something beneficial to the argument and offer an answer? kthanx bye

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some nice fits here since friday. fred, citan, mtits.... kudos.

also, thanks for all the likes on my last fit. much appreciated. :cheers:

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My old Dolce sports coat is now, officially, way too small...
-TTO

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think? Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.

IMG_0959-1.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg
IMG_0962.jpg

Jacket: Attolini
Trousers: PRL
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Tie: Dillards
Square: Brooks Brothers

Last edited:

lostintranslation

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I posted a thread here a while back asking for some critique on a BB suit that I'll be wearing throughout this semester to recruiting events and interviews. The common consensus in the thread was that:

1) My pants were too short, and
2) Switch out the repp tie

I snapped a new photo over the weekend at an event that I attended. I know the photo is pretty low quality (I had to crop it), but from what you can see, how do the pants fit?

I feel like the pants are still a little short -- they flare out a little when I walk. I'm not sure if that's due to them being too short, or not being narrow enough.

Untitled%20copy.jpg

Thanks for any advice!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

In retrospect I think this is a fail, for lack of contrast between jacket and trousers. What do you guys think?
Trousers are gray flannel, jacket is a green donegal-type weave. The jacket's color is a little deeper IRL, but I still think it needs more contrast.
IMG_0959-1.jpg
IMG_0963.jpg
IMG_0962.jpg

Jacket: Attolin
Trousers: PRL
Shirt: Robert Talbott
Tie: Dillards
Square: Brooks Brothers

It looks fine to me. Cool jacket.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for any advice!
Pants seem alright, but maybe a little wonky because your knees are locked. I'd also get a heavier tie with less of a sheen. The knot seems a bit small for the collar (try a pratt or half windsor). And button your jacket when standing, you'll look better
smile.gif

I like that you are wearing brown shoes when everyone else went with black. Can't really tell much about the quality of the shoes from the picture, but nice brown shoes with that suit will probably make you memorable (in a good way) at such events.

lostintranslation

Reaction score
Thanks! The shoes are Carmina shortwings; I'm hoping that I'll stand out in a good way when it comes interview time and not in a "look at this douchey kid" kind of way.

When you say a "heavier" tie, can you elaborate on what you mean?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry about the crap quality of the pics:

A bit of the scarf is sticking out here, in a un-flattering manner:

dr. locktopus

Reaction score

When you say a "heavier" tie, can you elaborate on what you mean?

I think he means something with more substance. Your knot is tiny and the tie looks more like a pinned on decoration than a part of the whole. It doesn't have the same punch as the suit and your Carminas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads