• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double header today - work, then drinks out with friends this evening

Work:

Jacket, trousers, shirt, tie and shoes - BB
PS - vintage

IMG_1505556x1280.jpg

IMG_1504427x1280.jpg

IMG_15001045x1280.jpg

IMG_1502926x1280.jpg

This eveningt:

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - BB
Tie - Paul Stuart
PS - no name
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC

IMG_1510523x1280.jpg

IMG_1509421x1280.jpg

IMG_15011029x1280.jpg

IMG_1507960x1280.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice, crusty. i really like the browns in the top pic.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

"would prefer without the swelled edges, but overall, I really like this, esp. the colours/patterns"

Thank you, sir. The swelled edges certainly add a casual tone to the jacket. In all honesty it was purchased to be worn with jeans/chinos. However, as I said in the taste thread, I had a meeting in the country yesterday, so I felt a casual edge was necessary. Turns out I was right as my prospective clients were all in polo shirts and beat up boots.

"seriously excellent Sir, IMHO dont change anything."

Thanks for the kind words.

"I would have prefered a slimmer tie knot. Rest looks nice to me, just as I expected it from you"

Thanks for the kind words. I actually agree on the knot. Didn't notice that until after I posted. It was shortly thereafter retied. Thanks again.

"Could do with a livelier PS I think, against that big texture; maybe warm colours? Nice tie."

Dunno that I agree with this. There were already three patterns (including the jacket) present. A patterned PS would really complicate things, especially for a business meeting. I actually ended up removing the square altogether before the meeting. Felt too forced.

Thanks again guys for all the thumbs and comments.

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I acknowledge this is basically the same thing I was wearing last time I posted, but I still like to contribute to the thread. I just love you guys so much!
Happy Friday
34486FA3-E121-4813-92E8-874CD7F22CA7-29493-00000775F49D2DBE-1.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

We're wearing almost the same thing today. Except I have a semi-spread shirt, dishevel TV fold and suede tassels. Agree to disagree. Seriously though, nice casual Friday look.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Definitely a touch tight. But compared to some other shoulders I've seen (here and elsewhere) they aren't too bad...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a tad maybe, but the combo is perfection! well done. :)

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Relaxed, but cold, friday
10_26_12.jpg

10_26_12_oall.jpg

Always, I love this sport coat. You have paired it nicely with the sweater, shirt, trousers, and shoes. Excellent, casual, and comfortable. Personally, I'd try a solid pocket square...or in this case, none at all. Just a thought.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Citan1145
"the jacket = nice the jeans I would prefer a tab darker"

Dewi
"Nice SC. Details?"

JapanAlex01

Thanks!
Citan—I was just thinking this morning I need a nice pair of super dark jeans. These have broken in nicely since I bought them in 2008. I may be looking into Uniqlo's grand online sale for some cheap ones.
Dewj—it's a Brooks Brothers from last year. I couldn't believe that a Madison fit fit me so well and had double vents, no alterations necessary. Dream come true.

Now, who can recommend me an affordable pair of brown or possibly snuff suede longwings?

FillW

Reaction score
My first "Albert Hal" purchase: Chester Barrie half-canvassed jacket from the 1960's. Absolutely perfect condition (minus a small hole in the interior pocket...easily fixed).
The rest: BB tie, BR trou, light pink mtm shirt, AE captoe
It's pretty cool that he's doing that- finding nice stuff in second hand stores. I may try that myself. I did buy the Zegna DB jacket off of Ebay from a second hand store though. I need to try to get the sleeves lengthened before I can wear it.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. I own one black suit, and it's terrible. So terrible that I opted for the darkest gray suit I own (alright, second darkest, but the other is windowpane). The funeral isn't anybody I've ever met (the father of a friend), and it's a Korean funeral, so it's three days long. On one hand, I'm nervous about not wearing all black. On the other hand, my black suit is atrocious ("Calvin Klein" and I'll leave it at that). And because the funeral is three straight days, people are coming and going constantly, so I figure I won't be a sole gray standing out in a sea of black.

This is actually my first Korean funeral, so I asked my fiance about it. It's an interesting process.

The funeral homes are all buildings on hospital grounds. When someone dies, a funeral is held for three days. During this time, the immediate family of the deceased stays at the funeral home...technically the funeral is 24 hours a day, and in theory a member of family needs to be on hand to greet a possible guest (in practice, I imagine they sleep fairly normal hours). Regardless, for their waking hours they have to sit, in full white funeral attire, to receive guests.

On my end, I first walk into a room for gifts. At funerals, weddings, and a child's first birthday, guests are always expected to give money. Since I'm not particularly close, I give 50,000 won (about 42 USD). This is kept inside a white envelope.

I then go and greet the family in the next room. The entire family won't be there; some will be in the proceeding rooms talking to the guests. I then enter a room where the deceased resides (though I don't know if the body is actually present). There is a big picture of him at the center of the room. I take a flower, place it in front of the picture, and then bow. Christian Koreans just bow from the waist; all other Koreans will prostrate themselves and touch their forehead to the ground. I'm doing the former since I a) am not Korean b) have never met the man.

Finally, I go to the last room where I eat food set out for the guests. Apparently things can get pretty rowdy here as alcohol is served (though given that I'm going at 9 in the morning, I doubt this will be the case).

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Citan1145
"crusty, you have an awesome life it seems and of course an awesome wardobe, love the suit especially"

sugarbutch
"Your ability to time-travel is impressive"

mjd

in stitches

Thank you, gentlemen. Mr. Butch, your sense of drollery is most impressive as well. Citan, my life is ordinary, for the island on which it is lived - it's just that there is always something going on here. FYI, for PatrickBooth - the new shows at the Whitney are worth seeing, particularly the Richard Artswchager - very fun and very tactile. I was at the members' preview Wednesday - a classic Whitney crowd (uptown, Tribeca, Williamsburg, all cheek to jowl), and a minor celebrity sighting - Jane Seymour - looked great for a woman in her early 60's without cosmetic surgery.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is actually my first Korean funeral, so I asked my fiance about it. It's an interesting process.

Among the things my mom would (and still does) tell me in the spirit of guilt-tripping: "When I was growing up in Korea, when a parent died, it was customary for a dutiful grieving child to build a hut next to the grave and live there for [some ungodly amount of time]."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads