• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning
FredRA23.jpg

FredRA23tie.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

any reason you didn't go for solid socks?

those were the only clean socks i had that were close to a match to my suit. true story. i was expecting someone to ask that when i posted. (read i was thinking about you noticing that when i put my socks on) :)

Derek has these socks. :lol:

:fistbump:

Last edited:

sprout

Reaction score
Back to the grind.
Have a good one.
Mike

This is a good look for you and the overall effect of the SP cut is an improvement over your usual. Expensive or not, please continue in this fashion.
The skimpy club collar, though, does not do those Rubenesque lapels justice.

Taylorstav

Reaction score
Sorry for the lame cell phone bathroom shot, but this was today's combo.
6419654387_964695bc89_z.jpg
Suit is Holt Renfrew MTM Shirt is Etro Tie is Charvet

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Went shopping in the afternoon for a navy overcoat. Must have been in dozen or more shops and couldn't find one I liked in my size in any of them. Either the size, colour, fabric/material, styling or some combination of the above was off in some way. Quite tiresome, really. Maybe next year I'll just order one and save myself the trouble.
mad.gif

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Went shopping in the afternoon for a navy overcoat. Must have been in dozen or more shops and couldn't find one I liked in my size in any of them. Either the size, colour, fabric/material, styling or some combination of the above was off in some way. Quite tiresome, really. Maybe next year I'll just order one and save myself the trouble. :mad:

nice fit! would like to see more of the shoes though.

what style/fabric are you looking for?

edit - thanks for the compliment on my coat :)

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: nice fit! would like to see more of the shoes though.

what style/fabric are you looking for?

Shoes are nothing special; black captoe oxfords in need of a brushing.

I'm fairly agnostic as to the exact style of navy overcoat I'm after; it's more a "I'll know it when I put it on" to be honest. I wouldn't mind either DB or SB, but if it's SB, I want some detailing to it rather than a plain (?french) front. No raglan sleeves, for sure, maybe some military details (I wouldn't mind chunky brass buttons or epaulettes, for instance). Buttons to be visible, not concealed. Basically, something interesting, that looks middling-formal in cut/style possibly with or without some fashion-lite touches, and in a solid navy pure wool (or cashmere). Fairly fitted since I generally wear tailored jackets so it would be nice for the overcoat to complement that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads