• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hira's Fashion

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
I receive spam from these Hiras from time to time. Keep marking the emails as junk but this does not help. I've never come across such stubbion tailors before.

Dear Jbravo

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please feel to PM us your email address and we'll ensure to have it removed. Alternatively, you may also email us at [email protected]

Elizabeth Leete

Reaction score
I ordered a suit from HIira in April 2013. It came and was at least one size too small. They refused to take it back, claimed they would re-fit, offered me one appointment for a date when I would be out of town. I am attempting to get the charge reversed on my credit card.

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
I ordered a suit from HIira in April 2013. It came and was at least one size too small. They refused to take it back, claimed they would re-fit, offered me one appointment for a date when I would be out of town. I am attempting to get the charge reversed on my credit card.

Dear Elizabeth

We are very sorry to hear about the problem with your suit. But pls be rest assured we will always take every step to re-fit, and alter your suits until they are to your satisfaction. In order to get the size fixed, our fitter needs to re-measure you. This is a common process with Bespoke Tailoring and once we get the alterations correct, all future orders will fit perfectly as we keep all our client measurements on file. We visit major cities 12 times a year, and smaller cities 6 times a year. Please send us an email at [email protected] and we can give you the next schedule for your area to have the issue resolved.

Best regards
Hiras Fashion

Last edited:

abcde

Reaction score
1st post and ALL POSITIVE about Hira's Fashion. Since 1999 and its still like new condition? LOL

abcde

Reaction score
I've just discovered this site, and found this thread. I've been using Hira's since 1999 when Chand Hira (the father, I believe) came to LA and was doing fittings out of a Travelodge next to LAX. It was scary to be sure, but at that time I only paid $500 for a luxury-line wool fabric and was pleased as punch. That suit is still in like-new condition and is in full rotation in my wardrobe today. Since then, I have ordered several additional suits and over a dozen shirts. My wife also ordered about 4 suits and around 10 shirts.

Both of us have had nothing but exceptional experiences with the fit and quality of all garments from Hiras.

Biggest gripe I have is that there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the pricing. Depending on which tailor is visiting (I believe it is always a family member, at least on the West Coast USA) and how much you feel like negotiating, the price can vary quite dramatically.

The styles offered are most definitely "old school". I've yet to try them for a modern fitting suit. Seems to me like most of the complaints here are from people who wanted to match another style of suit, as opposed to picking it from Hira's style book.

Their shirts fit like Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit, but slightly more generous in the chest and slightly trimmer through the waist - which is to say, like a (perfectly proportioned) glove.
1st post and ALL POSITIVE about Hira's Fashion. Since 1999 and its still like new condition? LOL

WhySpam

Reaction score
If you are so respectable, why do you send so much unsolicted email spam?

Right now you're bombarding my mail server going thru our entire user list, all rejected, but still... nobody opted in to your emails.

tmorgan2885

Reaction score
Purchased a suit from them earlier this year and it came back a piece of junk. It took about 9 weeks to get it in the mail too. I ordered a black euro fit suit and expressed to them how I wanted my suit cut. They ended up giving me a suit that is was too short, even for a modern slim fit suit, and no vents and a crappy super slim lapel with no stitching around the rim as I requested. The guy I met with instead just assured me everything would be just as I like it and he went ahead and ordered against my wishes. Also the suit is way too tight. The fabric is also pretty piss poor and is so over-lind that the jacket weighs a ton. I have been trying to get the suit replaced or returned but they don't seem to respond. Terrible customer service. They claim they will fix my order but you can't add fabric to a jacket that is too short. My father had used these guys in the past for shirts and a suits and he is astonished by how terribly they have handled my suit. He even looked at it and said it was a pile of junk. For the cost, appx $1k, it doesn't even compare in quality to a $350 mens wearhouse suit. I would stay away from these people for suits. My experience has been an incredible headache.

tmorgan2885

Reaction score
Update: so I finally got in touch with the company and after some back and forth they agreed to make me a new suit. I met with Ramesh who is the guy who originally measured me and I brought him a suit of mine for him to copy. Ramesh was very nice. I showed him all the problems and he said he would make sure to make the next one perfectly and have it rushed. It's been months since this process started but I'll let you all know how the final product turns out.

alexstaj

Reaction score
So people are paying half up front and half upon receiving a proper fitting suit. If it's not fitting properly then they need to fix it for you. If you pay them everything up front then they have no incentive to fix it for you. Please tell me you people are not paying everything up front.

Hiras Fashion

Reaction score
So people are paying half up front and half upon receiving a proper fitting suit. If it's not fitting properly then they need to fix it for you. If you pay them everything up front then they have no incentive to fix it for you. Please tell me you people are not paying everything up front.

Hi alexstaj. We appreciate your feedback. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we will always make every effort to alter the suits and other garments that are not properly fitted. We will always be happy to see our clients again for alteration and remedy any issues with their orders.

alexstaj

Reaction score
That's big talk Hiras but judging by the content of this thread you are not walking the walk.

What really talks is cash. I'll believe your promises when I know you don't get paid in full until your customer is happy. I mean you are not some retail store I can walk into and deal with an owner or even take to court in my own jurisdiction.

Therefore it should be your company's policy not to take full payment until customer satisfaction and if you can't satisfy that customer then refund him.

I promise you customers would be singing your praises all across the interwebs. Not only that but you only pay $100-200 a suit so taking $400 deposit on a suit still nets you a profit.

As a business owner myself I'll give you some free advice (you should really be paying ME for this). Customer service is how you stand out against the competition in this day and age of browse, click, buy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member