• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hiking/backpacking

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Great pics, folks.

Unfortunately my big overseas trip for the year got canned. However, I was fortunate enough to get some hiking time this summer in Chamonix, France.

It was a great time. I wish I had spent more time there.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back, tired.
2qi4q5x.jpg

2nuhic9.jpg

28hcww7.jpg

2enaqz4.jpg

9hotpv.jpg

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tis the season.

I'm headed back to kings canyon, kicked ****** last year so i'm looking to redeem myself.

I wish I was in europe.

mikeman

Reaction score
Next week, I'm going on my first backpacking trip 4 days/ 3 nights in the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan. Anyhow, a friend let me borrow a pack, but Im pretty sure that its a 110L, which is clearly way more than needed. Do you have any advice on how I should pack this thing, as it clearly wont be filled tight? Im just kind of worried things will settle at the bottom. Also, its kind of a cheap pack and doesn't have lateral compression straps... Any advice on the pack situation would be awesome.

Secondly, what are some of your favorite diner type meals to bring along?

Lastly, we will be drinking water from the streams, but only have some Katadyn tablets, which are suppose to be fine, as long as I wait the required time. But do you have any suggestions on keeping the dirt/rocks/bugs out of my Nalgene while filling up? Would something like a cheese cloth suffice?

Thank you, and any info would be much appreciated.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lastly, we will be drinking water from the streams, but only have some Katadyn tablets, which are suppose to be fine, as long as I wait the required time. But do you have any suggestions on keeping the dirt/rocks/bugs out of my Nalgene while filling up? Would something like a cheese cloth suffice?

A bandana is a pretty effective all purpose strainer.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend and I took our kids (he has three, I have two) and backpacked into Desolation Wilderness by Lake Tahoe. We hiked in to Lake Aloha, about five miles. The lake was quite low but we swam for a bit and then slept over. We headed out in the morning. It was a great little trip.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went hiking Saturday. A little snow but beautiful forest views. Very peaceful.

AFE4A685-EA3A-4BBD-9B88-C1F83AB64A0A-2087-00000169893DE7AA_zps37f641c6.jpg

E21DAB6F-B083-4BC3-B38A-C237413D356D-2087-00000169809E3E2F_zps199049a7.jpg

And when I go day hiking I throw some meat and beans and beer and stuff in the crockpot and come home to delicious warm chili.

E8F5D3D1-60A6-4BA7-9E99-8846F8E65DD4-2087-00000169923A39E3_zps979340cc.jpg

Plus I had cornbread. Mmmmmmm.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for a new water filter/sterilizer for backcountry and semi-backcountry use. What's everyone use? Filter or sterilizer or both? Weight isn't that much is a concern as these aren't ultralight trips.

On another note I did a day hike yesterday in NY along part of the Appalachian Trail and was surprised to find so many people hiking the whole thing.

lefty

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used tablets with some chlorine compound during my hike in Atlas, they did the job fine. They were not too expensive 13 bucks for 40 pills. Approx 1g pill goes for 1-1,5 liters of water so it's not too much extra weight :) After water was disinfected (took 30-60mins dont remember) I threw in some vitamin pills to improve taste and get some electrolytes back... remember less weight = more food
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads