• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Interesting,

how is the leather quality and construction on the Belgravia? Is it good for the price?

Also I was looking at loafers and was wondering how the Church' calf leather Pembrey compared to the Herring James, Charlton, or Broadway?

If you had any knowledge of those shoes that is.
Hi Kevin24

This is the reply I got from Herring when I enquired about the Belgravia
Herring Belgravia
[ticket: 6012619]
Saturday, September 3, 2016 07:29

Dear Carl,

A comment has been added to the following support ticket.

If you need any further help please do contact us via this ticket!

Ticket #: 6012619
Subject: Herring Belgravia
Solution:

2016-09-03 07:29:24
Hello thank you for your enquiry,

They are made for us by Barker to a very high standard,

Best Regards

Chris Clark

You can view your ticket here:
https://www.livehelpnow.net/lhn/[email protected]&dct=1&tid=6012619

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Herring Shoes

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk

So according to Herring they are made to a "very high standard"

I have 2 pair of Barker shoes that I'm very happy with in regard to quality & style

Hope this helps

Carl.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Herring Tregon, is the insole also lined in sheep fur?

mikethewhite

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on some Herring Seconds, the Belgravia and Mayfair, which I found to be competitively priced to Canada.

Looking at it now, however, it's not clear from the website if these are full-grain or corrected-grain. Can anyone here comment with the definitive answer?

lodiha

Reaction score

Pulled the trigger on some Herring Seconds, the Belgravia and Mayfair, which I found to be competitively priced to Canada.

Looking at it now, however, it's not clear from the website if these are full-grain or corrected-grain. Can anyone here comment with the definitive answer?
"Black calf" means the shoes are not corrected grain

jrssll

Reaction score
Purchased some 7.5F Herring Knightsbridge black cap-toe on the 026 last, last week, second full day wearing them and any more walking than I usually do would create blisters. These are taking a while to break in.

I also have a pair of Loake Aldwych in 7.5F on the Capital Last, these are a much more comfortable fit and haven't given me anywhere near as much rubbing or near-blister experiences. This pair is only 2 weeks older.

So as may have already been mentioned in threads comparing the two, the 026 last is very snug compared to the same size in the Capital last.

HitMan009

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a working promo code for Herring Shoes?

Thanks in Advance

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have a working promo code for Herring Shoes?

Thanks in Advance
Spend over £150 on Herring brand shoes use - ANDY10 for 10% off

Spend over £100 on Herring brand shoe use - HSAC for free cedar shoe trees

Can't use both for same sale

Carl.

HitMan009

Reaction score

Spend over £150 on Herring brand shoes use - ANDY10 for 10% off

Spend over £100 on Herring brand shoe use - HSAC for free cedar shoe trees

Can't use both for same sale

Carl.

Many Thanks Carl. I have been waiting for the pound to drop. I had a 20% off coupon that seems to have expired this past week. Sigh

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Last edited:

HitMan009

Reaction score

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kimball

Reaction score

Waiting for the pound to drop...more? An optimist and a pessimist both! Question I'm hoping I can get some help with if anyone has this pair of boots - I'm typically a 10.5EEE in Allen Edmonds, will a UK size 10G or 10.5G be a better fit? http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/coltham_chelsea-boot/black-calf Thanks for the help
What a coincidence, I just got these last week but in brown (its actually more burgundy/oxblood which I wasnt prepared for but still ok). Im usually 8.5EEE in Allen Edmonds Strand & Park Avenue and size 8G fit me very well! I also ordered 9F because thats what my Church's chelseas are, but they felt a bit too loose back in the heel. Ive actually only first worn the 8Gs today 7h at work and it wasnt painful at all, tight, but not painful! So my guess would be go ½ size down and go G-width (there is still a bit of room in the toe-box, but 7.5 would never work width-wise for me). These + my Church's Emberton are the _only_ pair of Chelsea my feet has ever felt decent in, because of my short and wide feet combined with high wrist its a real headache finding anything that fits at all. I cant really complain, shipping was fast to Sweden as well, so all in all, very good! All in all, I agree with K. Nights.

Last edited:

Kevin24

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how are the Herring Grassmere derbies by Cheaney overall?

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/grassmere-rubber_brogue/mahogany-grain

As well as the Canning Derbies also by Cheaney?

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...=5313&siteNavEvent=herringToHerringEquivClick

I ask as I was looking for a good brogued derby and was shopping around for the best value. In this catagory I was also looking at similar models by Alden, Crockett and Jones, Church's and Oak Street. I was wondering how these would stack up compared to the other options or my mainstay shoe brand Allen Edmonds?

Webbo

Reaction score
I have the Herring Langdale which I believe is the boot version of the Grassmere. I could not recommend it more, superb. I have shoes and boots from a lot of the high end producers and this one from Cheaney stands right up there with them. If they made the Grassmere in a G fitting I would get them in a heartbeat. For the price the Langdale (and thus I assume the Grassmere) punches well above its weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads