• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Allen Edmond Shoes - Neumok vs Strandmok in Camel Suede - Buying today!

jazzneel

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help! I am getting either the Strandmok or Neumok in Camel Suede since AE is having their 30% off factory seconds sale and not sure which one to pick. I want this to be a dressy casual shoe that I can wear to the office with my sport coat but also going out with friends (whenever that starts happening) and such with a polo.

They honestly both look very similar to me with the obvious difference being that Neumok is a Wingtip and the Strandmok is not. I know the Neumok is the suede version of the McAllister and the Strandmok is the casual version of the Strand, but that doesn't really help me decide.

Any help? AE is holding the shoes for me today so I need to purchase by 3pm CST.

Thank you all!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think they are pretty much the same. I would just as soon tell you to flip a coin. The Strandmok design is based on the Strand, but the suede will skew both options toward the dressy/casual side of things evenly.

jazzneel

Reaction score
I'm thinking Neumok but I will ask for pictures before deciding. Hopefully I'm making the right choice, and since they do seem so similar, it probably doesn't matter lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads