• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hangover II(snippet)

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
This movie sucks balls.

Good. Now I can tell my friends to quit bugging me about seeing it.

tullytra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Will wait for the 2nd one to come out on dvd. I didn't see the first one in theaters, so I doubt this one is worth paying ticket price for either.
This. I just got back from it, and I don't find it even close to as good as the first. I suppose this is because everyone knows what to expect. You may even want to wait for it to come to Netflix.

alexanduh

Reaction score
you have a demon inside you?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
This is so unbearably pretentious. I can imagine you in a theater of laughing, happy people. You sit there, smugly frowning, because you know, YOU KNOW, even if these simpletons around you don't, that Mr. Cooper's delivery was a half-second too slow, he should've emphasized the second syllable harder, and that Mr. Jerry Lewis did the same joke much better in 1963. You sit contentedly, because unlike these idiots around you, you know that comedy..........is no laughing matter. YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
There's something to be said for mindless laughter. And I mean more without inhibition than stupid. If that doesn't come easily, but it does to the people around me, I get to asking why. As I was when I recently went to the show of a famous* Dutch comedian. His timing wasn't far off. It's just that his anticlimaxial jokes missed the mark in my eyes. Instead of saying the (unexpected) opposite, he said something else and unrelated. I may be jaded, but what else is there to do in a theatre full of laughing, happy simpletons? *World famous, in The Netherlands. -------------------- By the way The Hangover wasn't very funny at all.

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
There's something to be said for mindless laughter. And I mean more without inhibition than stupid. If that doesn't come easily, but it does to the people around me, I get to asking why. As I was when I recently went to the show of a famous* Dutch comedian. His timing wasn't far off. It's just that his anticlimaxial jokes missed the mark in my eyes. Instead of saying the (unexpected) opposite, he said something else and unrelated.

I may be jaded, but what else is there to do in a theatre full of laughing, happy simpletons?

*World famous, in The Netherlands.

--------------------

By the way The Hangover wasn't very funny at all.

you should get that demon out of you

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
you should get that demon out of you

rolleyes.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw it Thursday night with a couple of buddies. Maybe it's because I was stoned (and brought my flask and a 6-pack into the theatre) but I thought it was very well done for a sequel and laughed ****** off on multiple occasions.

WUKILLABEEZ78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
This movie sucks balls.
Not going to see the second one but I thought the first one sucked balls. It started off ok but then the situation the guys found themselves in was just way too over the top to be believable or funny to me. The second is still making big money though simply because so many people thought the first one was funny (I must be in the minority in feeling the first one was terrible)... If I do watch it I'll wait for it to come to Netflix...

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WUKILLABEEZ78
Not going to see the second one but I thought the first one sucked balls. It started off ok but then the situation the guys found themselves in was just way too over the top to be believable or funny to me. The second is still making big money though simply because so many people thought the first one was funny (I must be in the minority in feeling the first one was terrible)... If I do watch it I'll wait for it to come to Netflix...

If the first one wasn't the least bit amusing, you are setting your expectations too high... or watching it with the wrong set of them. Or you are a pretentious dick.

It's a mindless movie there for cheap laughs.

The second one though, is unequivocally awful. The same type of humor, but uninspired, substituting you know, actual jokes for more vulgarity and utterly unbelievable scenarios.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads