• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircut suggestions?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Looks goober-ish, the top is too heavy.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I dunno, does "goober" sound like a good adjective to you?

ts4them

Reaction score
I think you need another 2 inches or so off the top and stop parting in the center. Shorter is definitely more flattering on you, the top just isn't balanced or modern looking.

esaul17

Reaction score
The top doesn't even *have* a full two inches on it lol...and it isn't really parted in the center I don't think. It more or less goes straight back...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
you need to have your hair cut by someone who knows what they're doing. They need to thin it out, chop it up, and layer it.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
you need to have your hair cut by someone who knows what they're doing. They need to thin it out, chop it up, and layer it.
+1, Don't goto the $5-7 haircut place..... Grow your hair out a little longer and go with the shaggy look, it complements almost every face shape, and its a popular hair cut right now. I just got back from the haircut place today, Even though it was one of the cheaper haircut places (I was just getting it a little trimmed), the girl who cut my hair knew what she was doing and knew how to do it. Im growing my hair out right now, and just had a little maintenance done on it, and she gave a style that I like and showed me how to do it (messy layered look) till my hair grows out to the length I want. Kinda looks like the Tyler Durden Avatar photo on the left of my post right now. I asked her what the two most popular cuts are right now for men. Ether the shaggy haircut (all though alot of kids are getting this haircut to, so It might seem like a kids haircut) is asked for or a 2 on the sides a 5 or 6 on the top spiked up. I know allot of my fellow coworkers my age or older (21-30) are doing the burr or buzz cut, or just the short on the sides and messy on top and a few are doing the shaggy hair cut. Personaly I like the shaggy/surfer haircut (70's/60's haircuts), and thats what im aiming for right now (allways had my hair short in the past). But go with what you like. I've had complements when I grow my hair out by certain people and complements when its short by other people, so asking for peoples opinion for a hair cut is going to be what they like. Get what you like, not what others like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads