• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

GoJets

Reaction score
I really believe that Grenson shoes are the best shoes made in the world. (new forum?)
I usually try to find Grenson's in New York (Paul Stuart) where I have paid as much as $900.00 for a pair of Grensons. The best deal I have ever found on Grensons is a men's shop in Philly which I paid around $450.00 for a pair of Grenson.
Last week I had to go to Atlanta on business. I was staying at the Ritz and across the street there was a mall (Phipps Plaza). I had about 9 hours to kill, so lets go hunting for some Grensons.
I went to 2 different mens shops, one shop thought I asked for the Allen Edmond "Graysons" the other shop never heard of Grensons, but told me to go check out Bennie's Shoes.
Bennie's Shoes is about a 5 minute ride from the Mall. I walked in and just about died.
Grenson Shoes for only $219.00?!?!?!?! I asked if they were 2nds, the salesman replied NO. He was right they were 1st quality. I wear a size 11D and purchased 5 pair of Grensons. I also found a pair of Geox driving shoes which I have not taken off my feet in a week.
I finally found something I like in Atlanta.....Bennie's Shoes. I used to believe that the only place you could find a good shoes store with service was in New York. I was wrong (don't tell my wife).
Guys, I love 2 things. THE NEW YORK JETS AND GRENSON SHOES. (I some times love my wife, but not as much as the JETS).
laugh.gif

If you love Grensons or want to try one of the finest shoes made in the world. I promise you will never find a better deal on Grensons than I found at Bennie's Shoes. Just don't blame me if there are not many size 11's left. hahahaha

link
http://www.benniesshoes.com/catalog/SHM/GR/

GO JETS, J-E-T-S....JETS JETS JETS.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Are we being spammed by Bennies? How the mighty have fallen.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Not even close to Masterpiece quality.

Nope, not even close.

Nice soft suede though! Too pointy for my taste, however.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I contacted them re a purchase of 2 pairs and they will not export and then they wanted the Paypal address to be the overseas one. Next time I emailed them they email got put in some spam/abuse box...amazing...now all but a few have gone..thanks Bennies...

Shoegal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
I contacted them re a purchase of 2 pairs and they will not export and then they wanted the Paypal address to be the overseas one. Next time I emailed them they email got put in some spam/abuse box...amazing...now all but a few have gone..thanks Bennies...

I'm sorry that we don't ship overseas. Unfortunately 1 bad apple spoils a whole bunch!!! If you know someone here in the states, I can ship to them for you and then they can ship the shoes to you. We (Bennie's) are not trying to be mean, but we've been burned sending overseas and there is no recourse in getting our money. If you really want me to ship overseas, please contact me thru www.Benniesshoes.com and we can talk about it.
smile.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoegal
I'm sorry that we don't ship overseas. Unfortunately 1 bad apple spoils a whole bunch!!! If you know someone here in the states, I can ship to them for you and then they can ship the shoes to you. We (Bennie's) are not trying to be mean, but we've been burned sending overseas and there is no recourse in getting our money. If you really want me to ship overseas, please contact me thru www.Benniesshoes.com and we can talk about it.
smile.gif

Too late now....I told your staff I wanted to send them to a USA address. All the Timothys in 11E are gone (see above) ...I started mailing your staff two weeks ago ...you need to speak to the staff who handle your emails...they did not co-operate with me at any stage and did everything to disconnect a sale of 2 x pairs of shoes. I was treated like I was a nuisance (eg spam box treatment). Shoe businesses exist to sell shoes to customers ...NOT..discourage them from buying same...IMHO

Shoegal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Too late now....I told your staff I wanted to send them to a USA address. All the Timothys in 11E are gone (see above) ...I started mailing your staff two weeks ago ...you need to speak to the staff who handle your emails...they did not co-operate with me at any stage and did everything to disconnect a sale of 2 x pairs of shoes. I was treated like I was a nuisance (eg spam box treatment). Shoe businesses exist to sell shoes to customers ...NOT..discourage them from buying same...IMHO

I'm sorry you feel this way. We are in the business to satisfy the customer, but we are also in the business to make money. As I stated before, we have been burned too many times on overseas orders. It is nothing personal, I'm sure you are a geniune person who is not out to "scam" businesses. It is hard to tell the good from the bad. I do answer all emails for www.Benniesshoes.com and I have never turned away an order for shipping to the USA (unless the credit card is foreign). As far as the email goes, I cannot answer for the "spam" issue. I answer all emails in a timely matter and as fair as possible. Again, I'm sorry you were treated so poorly.

MLR

Reaction score
I just had an excellent experience with Shoegal (and it was prior to this thread) who allowed me to make an exchange even though it was against Bennie's normal policy. She responded to my email immediately and professionally. I have no affiliation with Bennie's but all my experiences with them have been fantastic. Any small business with an ounce of intelligence will ban certain sales that end up as "bad debt"...ask some ebay sellers on this board how much they like to deal with "international" buyers and you'll see this is not an isolated concern. Unfortunate for legitimate buyers? Yes, but business is business..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought my fifth pair of shoes from Bennie's last month, and the service has always been great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoegal
I'm sorry you feel this way. We are in the business to satisfy the customer, but we are also in the business to make money. As I stated before, we have been burned too many times on overseas orders. It is nothing personal, I'm sure you are a geniune person who is not out to "scam" businesses. It is hard to tell the good from the bad. I do answer all emails for www.Benniesshoes.com and I have never turned away an order for shipping to the USA (unless the credit card is foreign). As far as the email goes, I cannot answer for the "spam" issue. I answer all emails in a timely matter and as fair as possible. Again, I'm sorry you were treated so poorly.

I don't want to go on and on abou this but I am furious at the attitude. The answer was to tell me that they would send it to a USA address and yes they would take a Western Union money order and yes they would reserve the shoes until the money order arrived...not give me the brush off and a spam box. Why do business on the Internet if you only want local custom?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads