• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grasshopper, What Sartorial Lessons Have You Learned?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lose weight... soon... because in ten years we're all dressing like this, mark my words:

space1999cast.jpg

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fit , the fit ,the fit....

Always buy what you really really want because you will regret it if you go for second best...

Go for quality and the best you can afford..

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Lose weight... soon... because in ten years we're all dressing like this, mark my words:
space1999cast.jpg

I agree with you Cary, and they'll call it 'Faminewear'. For the present however, we are faced with an entire generation of rap,hip hop, couch potato TV, internet & videogame culture now trying slim fit. This is going to take time.
4413266047_3e4fda6c8b.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
I agree with you Cary, and they'll call it 'Faminewear'.
For the present however, we are faced with an entire generation of rap,hip hop, couch potato TV, internet & videogame culture now trying slim fit. This is going to take time.

4413266047_3e4fda6c8b.jpg

Which means we may more likely end up with this...

wall-E+fat+people.jpg

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
The fit , the fit ,the fit....

Always buy what you really really want because you will regret it if you go for second best...

Go for quality and the best you can afford..

This

MagicalPanda

Reaction score
Fit makes the clothes look a lot better.

I've also learned, from the hands of various members here, how to compliment a pocket square with the outfit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get nice shoes, bad shoes can ruin a great outfit

make sure your clothes fit right, a less expensive suit that fights right will beat a more expensive one that doesnt any day.

learn how to pick a tie that adds to the outfit without taking over.

dont be a douche

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
space1999cast.jpg

+1. Very perceptive. If the current streetwear fashions kill off tailored clothing, then the only men who'll look at all good in them will be non-short, slim-but-not-skinny, broad shouldered, and well-chested. For everyone else, it'll be dreadfully obvious how far away they fall from the ideal of a masculine body. The hammer will come down harder on fat people than it ever has. In fact, it already is coming down harder than it did, say, 30 years ago. Of course, the ideal of a masculine body might change, too. But somehow, I don't think so. It doesn't seem to be changing right now. If anything, it seems to be getting more rigorous. The actor Cary Grant in swim trunks wouldn't stand a chance against the current Hollywood hunks and magazine models. This is one reason it's worth fighting for the lounge coat. Of all garments, it can be made the most flattering to all body types. A more egalitarian garment has never been designed.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
space1999cast.jpg

I don't know how humans dress where you live. However, this is common attire in my neighborhood (Northern Liberties).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn