• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good deal on Hickey Freeman suit?

Avers

Reaction score
I recently bought new suit made by Hickey Freeman.

It's Madison 2 button, center vent. Color - charcoal, Loro Piana Super 120s fabric.

Price paid - $380 (discounted down from $500), no tax, no delivery charge.

Is this considered good deal?

Thanks,
Avers

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty good deal, though perhaps a better one can be had at Filene's Basement or eBay. Still, it's certainly not bad.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Avers
I recently bought new suit made by Hickey Freeman.

It's Madison 2 button, center vent. Color - charcoal, Loro Piana Super 120s fabric.

Price paid - $380 (discounted down from $500), no tax, no delivery charge.

Is this considered good deal?

Thanks,
Avers

good, since it seems to be a basic fabric that is hard to find on sale. Great deal if its full canvas construction.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it fits you well then it's a very solid deal, in fact a great deal if you're not talking relative to ebay and the like.

Avers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
good, since it seems to be a basic fabric that is hard to find on sale. Great deal if its full canvas construction.

Isn't Madison full canvas?

I was happy I found this solid suit, as they are quite difficult to come by
smile.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't Madison full canvas?

Honestly, I don't know, as I don't wear H-F. I've never found one that fitted me well.

I thought Madison specified a H-F cut, not the construction, but it seems I am wrong. Just do a pinch test to see.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Honestly, I don't know, as I don't wear H-F. I've never found one that fitted me well.

I thought Madison specified a H-F cut, not the construction, but it seems I am wrong. Just do a pinch test to see.

Madison is one of the three models (the other two are boardroom and barrett) from H-F mainline. They are all full canvassed.

To the OP, if it fits you well, then I say it is a terrific deal. Thumbs up!

Avers

Reaction score
Thank you for the input, I really like the suit. Most of the HF suits I see at the discounters are stripes or some solid non-conservative colors.

This discussion reminds me a situation I had last winter: I was buying Hickey Freeman suit at Marshall's and African-American cashier lady, while discussing the appropriate discount with other cashier, kept referring to the garment as "Freaky Freeman"!!!
bounce2.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This discussion reminds me a situation I had last winter: I was buying Hickey Freeman suit at Marshall's and African-American cashier lady, while discussing the appropriate discount with other cashier, kept referring to the garment as "Freaky Freeman"!!!
bounce2.gif

I think that line is just known as "Hickey"

h75530356_md.jpg

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a very good price for a H-F Madison model in solid charcoal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads