• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby

enyn90

Reaction score

(sample of a similar design, but we are going for different last, color and sole)

Hi all, I would like to propose a GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby, hope to gain some traction before the next wave of price hike:

Edit: The GMTO is now OPEN:

• Model: Carmina Split Toe Derby
  • Rain Last
  • Vegano Marron (brown calf that is similar to EG Dark Oak)
  • Tomir 50 sole
  • Natural lining

Sample of the Vegano Marron, by one of the post from Leaves:

(link: http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...saint-crispins-official-affiliate-thread/2265)

Sample of Tomir Sole:

Deposit made:
@m4xim
@MrNestor
@mikeharo

@enyn90
@Pbayvip
@Melniek
and others

Looking forward to taking delivery in November 2015!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Pbayvip

Reaction score
In. Any of the proposed dark brown colors. Don't care about the lining color.
Already have a pair in burgundy, so count me out if majority goes for burgundy.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You need to run this through either Skoak or Gentlemens Footwear. Both are top notch and will take care of all the details.

The picture you posted is the dark burgundy that I'm in for. I'm out if this is going to be a brown shoe.

I'm flexible on sole, but prefer leather soles for a dress shoe like this.

Last edited:

enyn90

Reaction score
hi, I have contacted skoak and updated the price and color option that they adviced! please take a look.

We will need 6 to proceed with the order.

Cheers all! Let's get this done before September!

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can you place a pic of the sole? Is it just on the front part of the shoe (eg the semi brogue in brown, currently available)? And if this is the mid brown, I'm probably in. But a pic of vegano marron from one of their current make ups would be helpful to confirm.

Time is short on this, for current pricing!

enyn90

Reaction score
Can you place a pic of the sole? Is it just on the front part of the shoe (eg the semi brogue in brown, currently available)? And if this is the mid brown, I'm probably in. But a pic of vegano marron from one of their current make ups would be helpful to confirm.

Time is short on this, for current pricing!

Hi, i have updated the first post to include the sample of the color, and tomir sole. cheers!

Last edited:

enyn90

Reaction score
yea, hopefully it can be done before Sept; the price jump would be substantial compared to the one last week.

yep, tomir sole would be preferred; would make a perfect all year round shoes, especially for summers. i think it fits the overall look and use better

M4xim

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm long time lurker and have just registered to join this GMTO.
I'm in as long as its Rain last, brown shade uppers and non-leather sole, dainite or tomir is fine.
Would prefer to go through Skoak as well, I've dealt with them before.
Thanks,
Maxim

enyn90

Reaction score
Hi all, we now have 6 pax,

Confirmed list:

@enyn90
@mikeharo
@MrNestor
@TweedyProf
@Pbayvip
@m4xim

Please confirm your interest, and i will liaise with Skoak to confirm our interest!

More details is in the first post!

Last edited:

MrNestor

Reaction score
Hi all, we now have 6 pax,

@enyn90
@mikeharo
@MrNestor
@TweedyProf
@Pbayvip
@m4xim

Please confirm your interest, and i will liaise with Skoak to confirm our interest!

More details is in the first post!

I confirm!

Sizing note, should I go the same size in a Rain derby as I have in Rain oxfords?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm off to NYC today and my joining depends on what I end up picking up in the city. I'll probably join in but it would be good to have one or two more in case someone gets cold feet.

I saw @JLnoir had an interest in something similar in the Carmina thread so paging him here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads