• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The kudu that G&G uses is from the now defunct Pebody tannery in Northampton. 
The only other maker I know that has access to this particular leather (antelope), with this particular and specific grain pattern, in this particular tannage, is Antonio Meccariello. 
There is no further ability to acquire this leather unless you already have it on hand. 
Carmina's "kudu" is totally different. 
That being said, I don't think you can make an elegant pair of dress shoes with this leather. Whatever the makeup, it will be casual, no doubt about it. 
Then again, I suppose different people have very different definitions of "elegant". 

Plus Enzo bonafe have access to it & if Steve can get them it would be sweet :D

ptr1988

Reaction score
We have 4 interested so far, is anyone else interested for the following GMTO

- Frankenstitch Jumper Boots
- Oscar Last
- Sole: TBA (Dainite? Commando?)
- Natural Kudu (pictured below)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have 4 interested so far, is anyone else interested for the following GMTO - Frankenstitch Jumper Boots - Oscar Last - Sole: TBA (Dainite? Commando?) - Natural Kudu (pictured below) [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Can it be a Dainite sole? Can someone PM me price?

ptr1988

Reaction score
Can it be a Dainite sole? Can someone PM me price?
Yes, I think it will be dainite sole /or victoria sole. My mistake, I literally copied and paste what @steveyoo1983 wrote. You have to ask @member2000r for the price. He confirmed it with @steveyoo1983 . I am in it either way and trying to get this started.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the average total end to end time on these gmtos?

GMTOs take approximately 3-4 months :)
Yes, I think it will be dainite sole /or victoria sole. My mistake, I literally copied and paste what @steveyoo1983 wrote. You have to ask @member2000r for the price. He confirmed it with @steveyoo1983 . I am in it either way and trying to get this started.
Please contact me for pricing :)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have the following GMTO with 4 or maybe 5 interests!

- Frankenstitch Jumper Boots
- Oscar Last
- Sole: Dainite or Victoria (ridgeway type)
- Natural Kudu (pictured below)

@member2000r @pine tree @dfgiop @laufer @ptr1988

I will send you gents separate PM to take votes (weather you want normal jumper boot style or Frankenstitch Style....also Dainite sole vs. Victoria ridgeway soles)

Please let me know if anyone else is interested in this GMTO!
Cheers!
Steve

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Steve...I see that you have the EG Hove in dark oak, do you have access to other colors? Looking for the Hove in grey or burgundy. Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads