• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Impressive. Do you have a favorite from the collection?

Thanks man. I enjoy them all, every outfit situation calls for a different shoe but I do reach for my EG more than any other brand of shoe. I am selling most of my other shoes for that reason. I want to replace them all with EG from Steve

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. I enjoy them all, every outfit situation calls for a different shoe but I do reach for my EG more than any other brand of shoe. I am selling most of my other shoes for that reason. I want to replace them all with EG from Steve

I'm at 3 EG but planning to add at least two more this year. Once you find your favourite brand/style it's a good feeling. You got all my 3 covered in your collection hehehe

golfinz

Reaction score
Thanks man
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cant wait to add more from Steve this year

Wish we had the same size foot so I could buy your old stock lol

zinc2162

Reaction score
Gotta say, the soller last is a freaking awesome last for shoes. I've seen most people use it for boots, but man, this kicks some tail for oxfords/derbys. Thanks again Steve!

Thanks for sharing!! I am picking up mine at the postal office today.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been in this thread for a while but any interest in GMTO for a polo suede jumper boot?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was out of loop on Coffee suede. Is Edward green discontinuing this color?
Yes, I saw it mentioned on Leffot's instagram (where i saw it anyway), but they will be replacing coffee suede with snuff. It looks like a similar shade, but would be nice to see them side by side to see what the difference is
Snuff and coffee look very similar

Let me double check for you gents. I did see both Coffee suede and new Snuff suede but I don't remember Hilary saying anything about discontinuing Coffee suede...

Stopped by to visit Steve today and walked out with two pairs of new shoes. I purchased the Carmina Loden Suede Tanker Boots and the Edward Green Dark Oak Chelsea Captoe. For those that haven't worked with Steve, he is first class and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Two BIG thumbs up!

Thank you again for your awesome gift!!! Cheers!

Yes, I saw it mentioned on Leffot's instagram (where i saw it anyway), but they will be replacing coffee suede with snuff. It looks like a similar shade, but would be nice to see them side by side to see what the difference is

Roger, I heard it's now full size down vs .5. Interested to hear about as well.
Can someone remind me when this switch went into effect?

I spoke to Hilary about this when I was meeting them in NYC but it appears that they change (not only for 82 last but ALL of their lasts) came in affect about a year back.
Edward Green technical department is stating that the change is minimal and will not warrant sizing down...

Gotta say, the soller last is a freaking awesome last for shoes. I've seen most people use it for boots, but man, this kicks some tail for oxfords/derbys. Thanks again Steve!

Many thanks as always golfinz! Chestnut (darkened vegano tan) looks great with those light grey trousers!!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the Edward Green Galway Update :))

#1. Dark Burgundy (Color #8) Shell Upper & Dark Brown Utah Shaft / 202 / B1 Leather Sole - Limited edition. One last spot available.
Please email me if you would like to reserve your pair.

#2. Cloud Utah Galway - so this one is torn between two different route...one party is going with 82 last & Lavagna suede shaft...another going for 202 with all cloud utah....
Currently 82 last with Lavagna suede shaft is winning the race :)

Galway / Cloud Utah upper & Lavagna Suede Shaft / 82 Last / Dainite Sole - 4 or 5 interests
@justinkapur @RogerP @DeSense
@Steel28 @tifosi

Galway / All cloud Utah / 202 / Dainite Sole - 2 interests
@BenLeaman @coldinboston

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#1. Dark Burgundy (Color #8) Shell Upper & Dark Brown Utah Shaft / 202 / B1 Leather Sole - Limited edition. One last spot available.

#2. Cloud Utah Galway - so this one is torn between two different route...one party is going with 82 last & Lavagna suede shaft...another going for 202 with all cloud utah....

Galway / Cloud Utah upper & Lavagna Suede Shaft / 82 Last / Dainite Sole - 4 or 5 interests
@justinkapur
 @RogerP
 @DeSense

@Steel28
 @tifosi

@BenLeaman
 @coldinboston

Woohoo. Let's get this going!

BenLeaman

Reaction score

@justinkapur
 @RogerP
 @DeSense

@Steel28
 @tifosi

@BenLeaman
 @coldinboston

lol

Last edited:

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of my shoes I had Steve shine up for me, and the look great! (And yes, those are my arms you see in the near-mirror finish that Steve put on them...)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
You know what guys...I don't want to push the Lavagna suede on this Utah makeup (unless you guys want it as well). I'm going to save it for what I really want which is Cloud Antique with Lavagna.

I say we continue with all Utah, but I'm pretty sure it was headed in that direction anyway.
This was me 5 days ago.

I guess you should remove me from the Utah/Lavagna interests, @steveyoo1983

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was me 5 days ago. 

I guess you should remove me from the Utah/Lavagna interests, @steveyoo1983

Mate, @Steel28 and I were talking about Cloud Antique (not Cloud Utah) upper with Lavagna shaft. And at least I still am. How about then?
(still need D width...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads