• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently received Carmina Lama. Soft, supple and moldy., distinct grain pattern. Highly recommend for calf comfort.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I might be in line for the burgundy austerity brogue on the Rain. I always like the Simpson version but it would never fit well.
Sounds good! Let me know when you are ready and I can reserve it for you :)
Anyone interested in doing a Rain last dark brown lama or scotch grain chukka with a dianite with stormwelt?
Best,

DL-
Interested in Lama.
Interested in a lama chukka.

Dark brown lama chukka with dainite & stormwelt! sounds nice!
Were you gents thinking of 905 (Five eyelet chukka) or the 10027 (3 eyelet version)?

Cheers!
Steve

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were you gents thinking of 905 (Five eyelet chukka) or the 10027 (3 eyelet version)?

Cheers!
Steve

I think I would go for a 3 eyelet for a change.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers!
Steve

Steve,

What last options are going to be similar to the Rain as far as fit? I am not a huge fan of the Soller, but I have only tried the Rain & Soller so far. Can it be a Detroit last for instance? I would need it to be on the wide side and for a high instep as well.

Best, David-

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve,

What last options are going to be similar to the Rain as far as fit? I am not a huge fan of the Soller, but I have only tried the Rain & Soller so far. Can it be a Detroit last for instance? I would need it to be on the wide side and for a high instep as well.

Best, David-

Detroit is definitely a wide soft square toe and works quite well on casual shoes :)

Carmina Three Eyelet chukka stye 708 is indeed avail in Detroit last!
So in review,

Style 708 (Three Eyelet Chukka)
Detroit Last
Chocolate (Dark Brown) Lama Calf
Dainite Sole with Stormwelt?

So far I saw an interest from
@DavidLane @laufer @clarksdb @Heatmiser

Please feel free to send me a PM for any further question about this new GMTO! :)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Detroit has a high instep. Maybe moderate to average. My instep is pretty much flat, and my PTBs are pretty much the only bluchers I own where the eyestays don't almost overlap ;)

Pretty much.

Last edited:

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hurry up Carmina! I really could use my Llubi boots now that we're in the depths of winter...

Steve, in contrast, I'm craving a dark brown suede penny loafer for summer - most notably for airport travel situations. Anything planned to be stocked? (I'd want them for mid-May so I'm a bit hesitant to GMTO.)

This would be perfect:

tumblr_loq8t4KCQ31qad1efo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hurry up Carmina! I really could use my Llubi boots now that we're in the depths of winter...

Steve, in contrast, I'm craving a dark brown suede penny loafer for summer - most notably for airport travel situations. Anything planned to be stocked? (I'd want them for mid-May so I'm a bit hesitant to GMTO.)

This would be perfect:

tumblr_loq8t4KCQ31qad1efo1_1280.jpg

I definitely feel you...those llubi boots should be done by now but since their office is now closed so I cannot confirm until next week :(
My best guess is they will ship sometime next week and they will arrive mid Jan. I will make sure to post more updates here as I find more!

I have few loafers coming in end of Feb :)

1. Rain last plain toe polo suede loafers - new
2. Chocolate lama calf full strap penny loafers - restock
3. Burgundy braided tassel loafers - restock

Those split toe (Simpson last) penny loafers look really nice too! Maybe we can float the GMTO idea in few weeks. With increase in production demands, Im guessing they will be done end of April & arrive May :)

SidewinderX

Reaction score
I definitely feel you...those llubi boots should be done by now but since their office is now closed so I cannot confirm until next week :(
My best guess is they will ship sometime next week and they will arrive mid Jan. I will make sure to post more updates here as I find more!

I have few loafers coming in end of Feb :)

1. Rain last plain toe polo suede loafers - new
2. Chocolate lama calf full strap penny loafers - restock
3. Burgundy braided tassel loafers - restock

Those split toe (Simpson last) penny loafers look really nice too! Maybe we can float the GMTO idea in few weeks. With increase in production demands, Im guessing they will be done end of April & arrive May :)

polo-suede penney loafers? I may have to mosey up to Hillcrest to check those out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics