• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

golfinz

Reaction score
That brick llama on a chukka is perfect. Ugh. Im already in on the snuff suede chukka gmto. I'll wait to see what the final make up is for the brick llama to decide if I want in. Looks like the perfect casual leather

techaview

Reaction score

Who else is down??

I am joining you as long as we are talking about Rain last. As far as ptb goes I am willing to consider Detroit too.
I would prefer chukka though Rain 905.

What were you thinking of making up? Llama chukka on the rain last or simpson last?

Chukka is the way to go for brick llama

I am in for brick lama in 905. Understand majority need rain last for their feet. I don't mind going towards rain last for the 905 though Simpson last will be perfect!

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to distract from a good GMTO debate, but I just wanted to relay my recent experience with Steve from Gentleman's Footwear. We often hear about the bad things that happen and people love to complain on the internet, but each interaction I have had with Steve has been exemplary.

Thanks for the great communication and honest information!

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@steveyoo1983 Any updates on our Chestnut Split-Toe Soller GMTO? Thank you sir!

mikeharo

Reaction score

I hate to distract from a good GMTO debate, but I just wanted to relay my recent experience with Steve from Gentleman's Footwear. We often hear about the bad things that happen and people love to complain on the internet, but each interaction I have had with Steve has been exemplary.

Thanks for the great communication and honest information!

Agreed. Steve is a stand up guy. He has a customer in me for sure.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear others raving about Steve as a vendor - a genuine nice guy that offers a really appreciated personalized buying experience. He deserves the positive reviews!

My burgundy U-wings arrived today in Canada; they came free of duty and taxes which is nice and (certainly at least a bit) lucky.

I love the boots but I'll be honest and suggest that I think Carmina may have rushed these a bit. They're not quite as perfect as I have come to expect from Carmina, but oh well - nothing a bit of attention can't rectify.

Thanks once again Steve!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm so glad to hear others raving about Steve as a vendor - a genuine nice guy that offers a really appreciated personalized buying experience. He deserves the positive reviews!

My burgundy U-wings arrived today in Canada; they came free of duty and taxes which is nice and (certainly at least a bit) lucky.

I love the boots but I'll be honest and suggest that I think Carmina may have rushed these a bit. They're not quite as perfect as I have come to expect from Carmina, but oh well - nothing a bit of attention can't rectify.

Thanks once again Steve!

Steve is one of the best 100%. I said it many times. Always goes above and beyond.

What was wrong with the boots?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks once again Steve!

What happened with your boots?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd rather not provide details (as it could be misconstrued somehow as being Steve's fault) but there were a few small issues that individually wouldn't be too concerning but when considered together are below my expectations for Carmina quality. I own 10 pair or so, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what is "normal".

They're still wearable by all means, they just aren't perfect. Steve to the rescue I'm sure. (I sent him details already privately by email.)

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd rather not provide details (as it could be misconstrued somehow as being Steve's fault) but there were a few small issues that individually wouldn't be too concerning but when considered together are below my expectations for Carmina quality. I own 10 pair or so, so I feel I have a pretty good idea of what is "normal".

They're still wearable by all means, they just aren't perfect. Steve to the rescue I'm sure. (I sent him details already privately by email.)

Willing to PM it?

SidewinderX

Reaction score
There might be trouble if that one pair of U-cap boots is still in stock if I swing by the store later this week... those look great! (And, Steve, it was great meeting you last week!)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to weigh in here and say that what makes Steve a pleasure to deal with is that he doesn't see you as a customer, but himself as provider of a service in which he takes great pride. I've never felt that Steve was out for my money, but rather to satisfy me as an individual who needs a service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads