• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that forest last split toe loafer sounds good to me. I would be quite interested..

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that forest last split toe loafer sounds good to me. I would be quite interested..

Same here. Preference on color? I personally like the idea of fox suede, but I could go for snuff as well. Not sure what other colors they have available on the lighter side of the scale.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here.  Preference on color?  I personally like the idea of fox suede, but I could go for snuff as well.  Not sure what other colors they have available on the lighter side of the scale.

I think the fox suede would be great. Below is a picture for those interested.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I would like to propose:

Carmina 923 Loafer
Forest last
Fox suede
Flat welt
Brown edge
Single leather sole

This:

In this:

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Com'n people pick up a slack on the blue museum plain toe monk.
Yes!! We now have 3 interests on the Rain last / plaintoe (no cap) / Museum navy DM!
lets make this happen!!

Have we photos of the navy museum?
All the photos I've received were quite dark (probably due to low lighting) but I promise I will take some better pics when I visit the factory nxt Wed on 11th!

Truth. If only they did that one on a fatter last. I want GREEN SHOES NOW!
As most you gents may already know by now, Spilit toe blucher (style 80189) is finally avail in Rain last
I've been requesting 80189 (originally for Simpson) on Rain last for quite some time now and now Carmina pattern team gave it a green light!!
We can now do hand stained green calf.as well!

Steve, what are your travel plans? Seems you're on a European tour; I'd love to meet up if we happen to be in the same country.
Yep, if anyone is near Northampton let me know
biggrin.gif
Just flew in red eye to UK and had a great Edward Green meeting today as well!
I will be having a meeting with Drakes tomorrow morning and will be staying in Hamptons near waterloo later tomorrow evening if any one of you gents want to grab a beer/whiskey with me!
Cheers!

Any of you CXL Jumper guys treating the boots with anything to protect against salt/snow/rain?
Update: out of the box, on my feet, and out the door into sleet to scrape 1/2" of ice off my driveway. #YOLO #CXLshitkickers
Yes! Wear em rought and wear em in great health!

Thinking of this hand tied tassel loafers in Blue Suede & Forest last, in single leather sole or equivalent thin rubber sole (no Dainite & Commando sole)
Unfortunately the Alden aberdeen last is not for my feet
bored.gif

Love the navy suede loafers!!

Does anyone know if Museum Navy is lighter/darker than Navy Shell? My apologies if this has already been answered. Thanks :)
They seem bit darker but I will try to get some good pics when I arrive at the factory nxt week!

Shell Carminas arrived today, thanks Steve!
Awesome! wear em in great health!

We gotta get a suede loafer MTO or two going for the summer!
I liked the green string a few pages back or would be in for a brown versatile pair (plain or string).
I find navy suede a bit hard to match with summer pants / shorts.
We also had some interests for brown suede split tote loafers in Ran lasts!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes!! We now have 3 interests on the Rain last / plaintoe (no cap) / Museum navy DM!
lets make this happen!!

All the photos I've received were quite dark (probably due to low lighting) but I promise I will take some better pics when I visit the factory nxt Wed on 11th!

As most you gents may already know by now, Spilit toe blucher (style 80189) is finally avail in Rain last 
I've been requesting 80189 (originally for Simpson) on Rain last for quite some time now and now Carmina pattern team gave it a green light!!
We can now do hand stained green calf.as well!

Just flew in red eye to UK and had a great Edward Green meeting today as well!
I will be having a meeting with Drakes tomorrow morning and will be staying in Hamptons near waterloo later tomorrow evening if any one of you gents want to grab a beer/whiskey with me!
Cheers!

Yes! Wear em rought and wear em in great health!

Love the navy suede loafers!!

They seem bit darker but I will try to get some good pics when I arrive at the factory nxt week!

Awesome! wear em in great health!

We also had some interests for brown suede split tote loafers in Ran lasts!

Well, that's a shame Steve. I'm in Northampton tomorrow and in London today. NVM, safe trip!

U Boots news? :smarmy:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi gents! Sorry I forgot to say this yesterday but I was bit slower than usual on my responses past few days with traveling abroad but I will surely get back to all the inquiries on this thread (including some great GMTO ideas brewing and our current GMTO updates), PMs, and emails as soon as I can! Cheers!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates in the Burgundy U-Wing GMTO?
Welcome news indeed!
Quote: Museum Burgundy GMTOs are finally ready!! (Both the U wing boots & the simpson wingtip derby)
I will have Carmina shipped them out to US (except for you gents in EU) next week on Tuesday so it will arrive just in time when I arrive in US Saturday.
I will try my hardest to get them out to you all by Monday evening as well. Thank you all so much for your patience!

Steve is a class act. Seriously.
I know it was recent, but any updates on the kudu Oscar Jumper?
Also, we are pursuing a tobacco suede austerity brogue on Rain with Tomir sole if anyone is interested!
Thank you so much!
Sorry I just realized i didnt respond to you on the kudu oscar jumper before. The order went through fine at the beginning of Jan and should be ready by April I believe. I will keep you updated :)
Also! we now have 5 for the tobacco suede austerity brogue on Rain last! @sacafotos @Keal19 @NewYawker @Megarex2002 @steveyoo1983
We just need one more!!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Green lizard loafer ftw. I'm not even kidding.
Depending on the last, I would be in on this.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
As there is a womens chesea in green lizard there shurely must be some left for us to do a couple of loafers? I'm not able to squeeze into a full strap loafer but a penny or tassel would be amazing!
http://shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=6529236
Quote:
4 interests on Green Lizard loafers! I will check at the factory on Wednesday if they still have those green lizard batch available!! ;)

I would support a medium brown suede loafer but not string. Would have to be full strap or tassel
I liked the blue loafer that was back a few pages in this thread. Just in a Brown to light brown. Is there a resource to see what suede colors carmina has availabile?
@tricky

Just in case some of you are interested, I will be placing an order for fox suede uetam last full strap loafer for upcoming S/S season!
I will announce the pre-order on our www.gentlemensfootwear.com email list in few weeks!
I have no idea what last this is or the fit for that matter. But, I was thinking something like this but in a light suede like taupe. I have a PM into Steve to see if he can help with details.

@Tallcane
Sorry about the delayed response tallcane. I know that Carmina stocks (and purchases) snuff suede and dark brown suede all the time.
I know they also have tobacco suede and fox suede currently but I will visit the factory on Wednesday and see what other brown light brown choice they have currently and report back!

Hey @steveyoo1983 do you any progress updates on the Soller Chestnut Split Toe GMTO from December? Of course no pressure, but rather I'm just curious LoL. I can almost smell that spring air here in Chicago.
biggrin.gif
There was a bit of delay at first (due to the mis-communication between me and the factory pattern team) but we got it all cleared up and it is being made on Soller last!
Should be ready by April ;)

There's a split toe on Forest that might work better. I don't think I could do Simpson. How about in fox suede?
Very interesting!
I was just at Hackett store on Jerymn street yesterday and saw forest last split toe loafers which looked great!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Happy weekend gents!

I have just secured small batches (probably enough for 6 or 7 at most) of burgundy shell & black shell for gmto.
This may go fast so let me know if you guys have any GMTO ideas!

Carmina only have very limited in stock for both burgundy and black and this will be just a one time deal for us (for now)
(They are still not taking shell corodvan GMTOs at this time)

Let me know what you gents think!

For what it's worth I was thinking using burgundy shell for Rain last U wing boots and using the black shell for either PTB in Detroit or Tanker Boots in Soller.
Cheers!

ps. sorry if I havent responded yet to some PMs and emails as I am still traveling abroad but I promise I will try my best to respond back as soon as possible. thank you gents for your patience.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys