• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We can do without speedhooks! Im not a big fan of them either.
What does everyone else think??

I'd prefer without but it's up to the masses.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frankenstitch wins the vote and the GMTO is now closed :)
Thank you so much for everyone participating and showing interests. I am so sorry we have such limited supply :(

Frankenstitch boots / oscar last / cognac / dainite / speedhooks

justinkapur, ironist, newyawker, wklq76a, greasymonkey, steel28, joiji, surefire1017, partagasiv, tguns

I will reach out to you all above over the weekend with details! (or maybe Monday as I am heading out of town in few hours until for 2 days)

BTW, If you were interested in other models (close runners with 3-5 interests such as rain U wing boots, tanker boots, 80414 split toe, 2 eyelet rain derby) we will surely bring them back for a re-run once Carmina start taking cordovan orders again. I might reach out to you all again once they do :))

Cheers & many thanks to all you gents!
Steve

That's two this month with you, Steve. Going to be an exciting Spring!

Any idea if this is light/medium/dark cognac? Not that it matters much. :satisfied:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's two this month with you, Steve. Going to be an exciting Spring!

Any idea if this is light/medium/dark cognac? Not that it matters much. :satisfied:

Light - medium would be ideal!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve,

Also consider the U wing in:

Burgundy shell (or combo with tobacco suede shaft)
Navy shell (or combo with navy suede shaft)

Also, that #1 split toe shoe would look gangster in loden suede. Maybe even the tanker boot version.

Thanks for pulling it all together!

We should show off our Frankenstitches when they all arrive
1f609.png

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like speedhooks but am perfectly fine going without. Whatever you guys want to do.

Same. If you guys feel strongly about it I can go all eyelets.

Any interest in metal eyelets, though? I think it'd go well with the heavy duty stitching.

diglett

Reaction score
Damn you guys hit the ground running with that makeup. A few hours offline and I come back to see a bunch of empty wallets!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any interest in metal eyelets, though? I think it'd go well with the heavy duty stitching.

I agree on the metal eyelets! Helluva boot, gentleman.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they have darker metal eyelets that don't stand out as much?

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they have darker metal eyelets that don't stand out as much?

How's this for you? They're not quite as shiny as some highly polished brass ones I've seen (Trickers, if I recall correctly).

Edit: Credit to @NAMOR!

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How's this for you? They're not quite as shiny as some highly polished brass ones I've seen (Trickers, if I recall correctly).

Edit: Credit to @NAMOR!

Yeah, I think that's antiqued brass? That or a gunmetal / black color would be fine. Just don't like the bright and shiny brass ones. Agreed that eyelets are probably proper with this type of casual boot.

Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I think that's antiqued brass? That or a gunmetal / black color would be fine. Just don't like the bright and shiny brass ones. Agreed that eyelets are probably proper with this type of casual boot.

Agreed. Not looking for the shiny ones either. I say gunmetal, though I could be persuaded otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads