• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about Carmina's grain game lately. What do you think?

I got this one, Master Bruce @rydenfan .

"Carmina grain sucks."

Although, I personally like my Carmina Clemens in Scotch grain from Epaulet...but I think Carmina's hatch grain looks terrible.

I like the Alden and Enzo grain the best.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this one, Master Bruce @rydenfan .

"Carmina grain sucks."

Although, I personally like my Carmina Clemens in Scotch grain from Epaulet...but I think Carmina's hatch grain looks terrible.

I like the Alden and Enzo grain the best.

My burnished hatchgrain turned out great. You may just need to go the MTO/GMTO route with hatchgrain and request the burnishing.

Disclosure: this was not through Gentlemen's Footwear, but provides a good example of possibility with Carmina hatchgrain

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the problems with Carmina's grain are recent, and are only the pebble grain, not the hatch grain leathers.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know there's at least 5 or 6 others involved in the dark brown suede chelsea on the rain last.

Just need some sizing help so I can get in on it too. For those who may already own a chelsea on the rain, did you stay with your regular size or size down at all?

Baked Potato

Reaction score
This might be a little early , but it's an idea we can scratch on for a little while: Would anyone be up for a boot (maybe a balmoral) in a museum leather for the coming winter? Perhaps in a brown nuance?

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This might be a little early , but it's an idea we can scratch on for a little while: Would anyone be up for a boot (maybe a balmoral) in a museum leather for the coming winter? Perhaps in a brown nuance?

Listening

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I know there's at least 5 or 6 others involved in the dark brown suede chelsea on the rain last.

Just need some sizing help so I can get in on it too. For those who may already own a chelsea on the rain, did you stay with your regular size or size down at all?

I stuck with my normal size. My worry about sizing down would be loosing the ability to wear a medium weight sock with my casual outfits.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Listening
Also listening and thought about floating similar idea - though I was going to suggest a burgundy over brown. All leather or with suede shaft in matching tone. Though I may try this with Bonafe so not sure.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8-9 brass eyelets, no speed hooks. Dainite of course if this is a winter boot. Pull tab.

I personally love that Frankenstitch posted a few weeks back. Burgundy? Some sort of museum calf would be sweet. Maybe an Alt Wien style.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
I would prefer a darker brown. I actually own more burgundy pairs than brown, although I might be convinced. If it's going to be a balmoral (which I hope), all (non-visible) eyelets would be preferred. I also agree with on the Daninte sole, it's the best "discrete" rubber sole for our harsh Nordic winters.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Listening

Museum leather from Carmina???

Would anybody be interested in boot in CXL dark brown leather made on Oscar last?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonair