• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brah, I haven't raced cyclocross since I was in my 20s so...clearly I'm the one in orange about to go otb.

For the record, that was 100% the other guy's **** up. I was always pretty good at making it through sand features and IIRC I made it through clean on every other lap of the course (none of this getting off and pushing the bike BS).

Always liked how the fork on that bike looked. Beefy straight blades that bowed out and looked like a pair of arms reaching down and grabbing the hub.
View attachment 2086301
Never really fell in love with the rest of that bike though when it came to owning/riding it. Looking back, I wonder if I'd have kept racing CX longer if my other bike hadn't been stolen and replaced with this one.
I just assumed you were pigeon toe'd...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling Garmin was coming out with a new trainer when they were clearing out the Tacx Neo 2T at below cost. The new Neo 3M has built-in motion plates. Has anyone tried them with the 2T?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$2000 for a trainer seems crazy to me
2 grand and you don’t even get incline adjustment!!!

At least if it were me, I’d probably want that before I wanted motion at the rear…more comfortable to ride long term when the bike angle changes around. At least that’s what I tend to notice on the trainer…much more taxing when you are always sitting in the saddle exactly the same way.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I completely agree. My Neo 2T (+zwift) is 100x more effective than any other trainer I’ve used. I can imagine the 3M being that much better.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m still using an older Kurt Kinetic that seemed crazy expensive back in the day at $350.
Bruh. Get you a direct drive. Kickr Core is less than $500 now.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruh. Get you a direct drive. Kickr Core is less than $500 now.

But then I’d feel obliged to use it…

That’s a slippery slope leading to triathlon entries and other such nonsense.

Also, I’m still on a 10-speed cassette…

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But then I’d feel obliged to use it…

That’s a slippery slope leading to triathlon entries and other such nonsense.

Also, I’m still on a 10-speed cassette…
My Kickr Core has a 10-speed cassette on it because the bike attached to it has a 10-speed groupset. Just sayin'...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Kickr Core has a 10-speed cassette on it because the bike attached to it has a 10-speed groupset. Just sayin'...

Aren’t 10-spd ones a different width? The 10-speed Kickrs are sold out right now on the website. I’m intrigued by not having to use a trainer tire though.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They take a normal cassette…I bought my direto XR without one since my bike takes a wide range sram 11 and I didn’t want to mess with chain length/derailleur settings when switching.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aren’t 10-spd ones a different width? The 10-speed Kickrs are sold out right now on the website. I’m intrigued by not having to use a trainer tire though.
10 and 11 (for Shimano, at least) use the same freewheel standard, so you can use either cassette. When I bought my Kickr, they didn't come with cassettes. Assuming you have a spare cassette hanging around, just get the 11-speed and swap.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cracked my ti frame again, luckily my friend has a spare bike I can borrow while I wait for the replacement frame. Pretty wild bike

Attachments

• IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 55

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics