• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geely GE: Chinese Rolls-Royce?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for a second, I thought this would be the ultimate car for all the small-timers out there... until I saw the price tag.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
It appears much inspiration has been taken from Pope Paul VI's special Mercedes-Benz 600 Landaulet.

346ox8w.jpg

this is kind of crap that comes to mind when they ask me if i would like to make a donation.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
uhh... no. Which lexus was an EXACT COPY of a benz again?

not an EXACT copy, but their whole lineup is pretty much a copy of MB. I remember watching a documentary in Japan a long time ago, and the Lexus execs where bragging about how they successfully copied MB styling and engineering, at a much lower price.

Maybe now they try to copy BMW too.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This car would be pretty cool if it didnt have that price tag and if it wasnt a duplicate. I mean, for that price tag you could buy a Benz or Lexus. But I guess to each their own. Good luck to that company when they have to justify to the media why it is worth 150k.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
This car would be pretty cool if it didnt have that price tag and if it wasnt a duplicate. I mean, for that price tag you could buy a Benz or Lexus. But I guess to each their own. Good luck to that company when they have to justify to the media why it is worth 150k.

Unlike the Lexus or Benz that you'd buy for $150k, this thing looks like it serves one purpose: so "slightly rich" guys who can't afford the real deal have a car specifically designed to be chauffeured around in. The owner must feel like a real jackass when he wants to offer someone a ride "sit on my lap?"

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Unlike the Lexus or Benz that you'd buy for $150k, this thing looks like it serves one purpose: so "slightly rich" guys who can't afford the real deal have a car specifically designed to be chauffeured around in. The owner must feel like a real jackass when he wants to offer someone a ride "sit on my lap?"

lol....thats true. How on earth are you going to entertain clients and guests? If it were my $150k and I had a chauffeur, I would just get a Lexus LS460L. I saw it in the dealership and it was NICE. Unfortunately my accountant tells me I cant afford it and unfortunately he is absolutely right.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
lol....thats true. How on earth are you going to entertain clients and guests? If it were my $150k and I had a chauffeur, I would just get a Lexus LS460L. I saw it in the dealership and it was NICE. Unfortunately my accountant tells me I cant afford it and unfortunately he is absolutely right.

Usually it seems that the kind of people who can afford to be driven around don't really care what kind of a car it was as long as it was a presentable "business-class" car. A black towncar or a caddy (in the US) or a black s-class (in europe) will do just fine as long as it an extended wheelbase one, and anything more than that will just attract unwanted attention.

Out of the big boys, I actually think I prefer Maybach to Phantom now because it's a little more conservative and unassuming to most people.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like a mildy marsupialed phantom short bus.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Backseat is lame. Not enough room for a proper lapdance.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
The Chinese is the new Japanese. I recall when the Japanese disassembled a Mercedez- Benz and they created/copied it and launched their Lexus automobiles.

Mercs of early 80s did not even have independent suspension, What are you talking about?

For that price I would get Mazzi Quatroporte. That thing looks like it is built for "Dear Leader"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads