• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished it here as well. Damn, did not see some of those coming. Much better than AFFC.

1. I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is not permanently dead. It seems like too cruel even for GRRM to kill him like this, and it sets him up perfectly to be revived zombie-like by Melisandre.
2. I don't think Stannis and company are dead either. the note could be karstark shenanigans, or the bait set by Snow's murderers. The Boltons at winterfell still have the issue of their own mysterious murders.
3. Freys continue to die. **** em all!
4. No littlefinger in this one made me :(
5. I can't wait to see how arya will be reintroduced into the main story.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just finished it here as well. Damn, did not see some of those coming. Much better than AFFC.

1. I'm pretty sure Jon Snow is not permanently dead. It seems like too cruel even for GRRM to kill him like this, and it sets him up perfectly to be revived zombie-like by Melisandre.
2. I don't think Stannis and company are dead either. the note could be karstark shenanigans, or the bait set by Snow's murderers. The Boltons at winterfell still have the issue of their own mysterious murders.

1. I don't think hes dead either. Leaves too much of a hole in the storylines. My first thought was that Melisandre will raise him, and he'll feel some debt. I must admit I'm hating her part in the story. Everytime she's mentioned, it just gets.....frustrating.

2. Same again. Melisandre was saying he can't/won't die, I tend to believe it. Plus, everything going that bad at once....doubtful.
3. :D
4. :(
5. Arya since the first book has been my 2nd favourite character. I'm hoping she actually does some stuff besides merely training (for the last 5 books...)

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn it! I want to click the spoilers so badly! Its killing me!

Oh it must be horrible... Just one little click..... so close.....

it would ruin the book, but here's the biggest spoiler yet:
Why would you click this? You have no will power....

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I don't know if it's because of the television series that's making people more interested in the novels, but I visited a number of libraries and none of them can keep these Song of Ice and Fire books on the shelf for more than a few seconds. I looked up Dance of Dragons in the catalogs and there's nothing on the shelf + loooong list of holds.

I bought a copy of the paperback AFFC and picked up where I left off two months ago (and I've retained most of it surprisingly)

Random thought -

Just finished with the chapter where Cersei gets her ass locked up, pretty satisfying seeing things go totally wrong for her. :D

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omg omg omg FINALLY go my copy of Dance with Dragons in my hands right now. The wait has been killing me since I left two days before the book was actually released and have been in non-English speaking countries this whole time.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just downloaded ADWD on my nook (in the middle of a transcontinental flight, no less). $14.99 and no stock outs :slayer:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. I don't think hes dead either. Leaves too much of a hole in the storylines. My first thought was that Melisandre will raise him, and he'll feel some debt. I must admit I'm hating her part in the story. Everytime she's mentioned, it just gets.....frustrating.

2. Same again. Melisandre was saying he can't/won't die, I tend to believe it. Plus, everything going that bad at once....doubtful.
3. :D
4. :(
5. Arya since the first book has been my 2nd favourite character. I'm hoping she actually does some stuff besides merely training (for the last 5 books...)

I just finished it last night. I enjoyed it very much.
1) I agree with this one. I also wonder if he's not going to somehow merge/meld with Ghost. The warg with the giant boar recognized him immediately (called him "brother") as a skinchanger. So perhaps he's going to survive that way.
2) One of the things I like about the books is how we get a dose of misinformation (like the characters themselves) before eventually (several books later?) finding out what really happened.
3) Stupid Freys.
4) Yeah, I wanted to see what was happening with him and Sansa (although she is quite irritating most of the time).
5) I like how her training is giving us some insight into the Faceless Men. It's so satisfying to see some of those things explored in greater depth.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished the book. My reaction: meh...

Will discuss in greater detail once more people have finished.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I hated about this book:

So much happened, yet nothing resolved. At all.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What I hated about this book:

So much happened, yet nothing resolved. At all.

I see what you mean here. This doesn't piss me off so soon after reading the book and I don't mind it so much in manga when there's a new chapter released every week, but when you write at the pace of GRRM and one year between books becomes six, this does suck.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my book 2 days ago and just finished.

Grrm you ******* asshole. I ******* hate your fat ass

why the **** would you kill jon snow? now a majority of your beloved original characters are dead. ARGHHh

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads