• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Will it be seven books? I had thought it was six.

Seven (provided GRRM doesn't change his mind again, of course).

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this in the GOT TV thread:

Catelyn assumes Tyrion is a moron and sent the assassin with his own blade

Cersei assumes Tyrion is a moron and poised Joff's wine when he is the cupbearer.

When everyone else knows the Imp is a tricksy little devil? Oh right, those two women are both marsupialed.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Just noticed this in the GOT TV thread: Catelyn assumes Tyrion is a moron and sent the assassin with his own blade Cersei assumes Tyrion is a moron and poised Joff's wine when he is the cupbearer. When everyone else knows the Imp is a tricksy little devil? Oh right, those two women are both marsupialed.
Cersei and catelyn has got to be the dumbest fictional cunts ever. I was happy when catelyn died but then she came back.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
Seven (provided GRRM doesn't change his mind again, of course).
Anybody betting on eight books? Its going to be 2030 when the series finally ends

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
Cersei and catelyn has got to be the dumbest fictional cunts ever.

I was happy when catelyn died but then she came back.

At least now she has being dead as an excuse. I can't wait for Cersei to kick it. Preferably Dany feeds her to a dragon. Or else a Wight gets her.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the spoilers for A Dance with Dragons while they were up? I couldn't resist and got them from a friend. Let me know here or PM if you want to talk about them.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
Did anyone catch the spoilers for A Dance with Dragons while they were up? I couldn't resist and got them from a friend. Let me know here or PM if you want to talk about them.

Nope. Been very good about not looking at stuff online, because spoilers have come out (some fake) after 180 books were accidentally sold and shipped early by Amazon Germany.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping for the fakeness. They had that upsetting quality that GRRM's plot twists tend to have.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I read an officially released Tyrion spoiler chapter, and maybe a Jon Snow one but I forget it now. Unofficially released stuff? No Idea.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just not going to read this thread anymore once the new book comes out. I have it pre-ordered, but I'm not going to have time to read it until August.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some reviews are out now (no spoilers). The thing is 1016 pages in the US version, and it's supposed to be awesome. I've only read a couple reviews that are certified no-spoiler, but they're just ringing with praise. The phrase "best yet" has come out a few times.

Looking forward to it
bounce2.gif

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Some reviews are out now (no spoilers). The thing is 1016 pages in the US version, and it's supposed to be awesome. I've only read a couple reviews that are certified no-spoiler, but they're just ringing with praise. The phrase "best yet" has come out a few times.

Looking forward to it
bounce2.gif

OMG OMG OMG!!!1!

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
OMG OMG OMG!!!1!
plus a billion!!!!
+OMG OMG OMG!!!1! + plus a billion!!!! +eleventy!!!11!!!!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how I've been waiting about 5 year for Dance with Dragons to come out and I'm going to miss the release date, unless I'm lucky enough to find time to snag an English copy of it in France/Norway.

Also, the last book came out at the last time I visited Europe. Hmmm...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads