• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE NOV 11TH: Your Establishing Shot ***VOTING ENABLED***

WHO ALONE IS BEST?

• EFV

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Roycru

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • DiplomaticTies

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • TWEEN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • StanleyVanBuren

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • bienluienapris

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • troika

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rais

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Shen

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J o s h

Reaction score
Yes! I was referring to the subtitled translation of "allez vous faire foutre." I'd translate that closer to "go f yourselves." :)

NB, I'm not a native French speaker

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Yes! I was referring to the subtitled translation of "allez vous faire foutre." I'd translate that closer to "go f yourselves." :)

NB, I'm not a native French speaker

I would rather translate as 'go and get fucked', but i'm not an expert - in translation i mean
biggrin.gif

Great movie BTW

Last edited:

J o s h

Reaction score

I would rather translate as 'go and get fucked', but i'm not an expert - in translation i mean :D  

Great movie BTW

Yes it is! And a shocking line so early in the movie. Establishes the kind of guy that Michel is.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, @Shen , for a well-deserved win.

There were lots of good entries, and had multiple choices been possible I would have spread my votes around (@upr_crust would have gotten one—while I’ve never made it through all the galleries in a single visit, I do believe I’ve sat at that exact table in the Kunsthistorisches Museum café; what are the odds?). But given the cinematic nature of the challenge Shen was the clear winner with that beautiful and evocative photograph.

Cheers,

Ac

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Congratulations, @Shen
, for a well-deserved win.

There were lots of good entries, and had multiple choices been possible I would have spread my votes around (@upr_crust
would have gotten one—while I’ve never made it through all the galleries in a single visit, I do believe I’ve sat at that exact table in the Kunsthistorisches Museum café; what are the odds?).  But given the cinematic nature of the challenge Shen was the clear winner with that beautiful and evocative photograph.

Cheers,

Ac

Agreed, Shen really swooped in and dominated this one. Well done!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Shen, and well done. Now, what's the new challenge to be??????

Shen

Reaction score
Hey! Thank you for the comments and the votes, it's much appreciated! The challenge was fun and timed perfectly with the first blast of Swedish winter. I will unfortunately be too busy this week, so I will let Clouseau make a new challenge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads