• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, even simpler. Too much deference to leaders now. 80s F1, blue flags were just a suggestion.

+1 I liked the 80s system because there was a human element to lapping. It was fun watching some drivers being really cooperative while others even blocked on purpose depending on the relationship of the drivers off circuit.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 I liked the 80s system because there was a human element to lapping. It was fun watching some drivers being really cooperative while others even blocked on purpose depending on the relationship of the drivers off circuit.

Andrea de Cesaris was so famous for not responding to blue flags that his funeral was decorated with them.

prozach1576

Reaction score
Building a world class road circuit from scratch in America strikes me as an insane business proposition and I don't generally support public subsidies for sporting facilities.

However, it seems an awful shame to torpedo the whole thing over, what, $6 million - a pittance in the world of F1.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big problem with F1 is the ****** time it comes on TV in the USA. Most of the GP's come on at some godawful time that prevents most of the country from watching.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to get up to watch them live. Then I had kids and realized that I could enjoy them just fine via DVR and with no commercials.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I used to get up to watch them live. Then I had kids and realized that I could enjoy them just fine via DVR and with no commercials.

Me too. I remember getting up at 3 am once.

For the other recent points raised, publicly funded events are a joke. It's that subtle American corruption that has grown so prominently. This is nothing, look at what happened to the city of Milwaukee with the Bucks. The municipality is right, they have no business funding it.

I actually watched the last Formula E race, it was watchable.

Man, MotoGP... Marc Marquez, what a wiener. Sat on Lorenzo's wheel for 30 laps and never once made an attempt to pass giving Lorenzo the World Championship at the expense of Rossi.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My roommate in college was a huge F1 fan and used to do this. I always preferred to sleep in due to being hungover or drunk at the time. Now I just DVR a lot of the races.

Last edited:

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Formula E is watchable, but to me it seems like they are about the same speed as junior formula cars and it is usually more exciting watching Formula 3 or lower formula races. Also instead of hiring ex-F1 drivers based on their speed on track, they should start hiring drivers who are the quickest to change cars :D

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB has officially joined the 2016 season. After RB's talk all year about how crappy the Renault engine was, it looks like they're going to stick with them for next year.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire their commitment. Instead of opting for a 2nd class Ferrari or Mercedes unit, seems like they are trying to build themselves a first class one. I wonder how much more cost they are taking on by having to develop their own engine?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pfff. LOL at Red Bull, all that talk of quitting, right guys, nice posturing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads